**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phantom data usage on powered off device

llamallama Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I'm on the Basic 200 plan and this morning my device starts showing that it is using 2MB every few minutes, exceeds the limit and automatically tops up the device. I received two $15 top up charges in the past couple hours. The problem is that the phone is powered off and has been since yesterday. How do I make it stop??

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,850FreedomPop Newbie admin
    llama said:

I'm on the Basic 200 plan and this morning my device starts showing that it is using 2MB every few minutes, exceeds the limit and automatically tops up the device. I received two $15 top up charges in the past couple hours. The problem is that the phone is powered off and has been since yesterday. How do I make it stop??

Let us see how we can help. Can you please confirm the phone number for the line in question?
  • llamallama Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I get you the number without publicly posting it?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @llama - you would PM her.
    Click on her name and in upper right is gray button "Message" click that for the PM. Then you are a one on one messaging. Under recipients you will see her name only. That is your PM. (Private Message)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I must be missing something. When I click on her name I get her profile page, but I do not see a "Message" button:

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow ! It should be to far right of he name there, but it is all white space under your login box with 4 emblems under it.
    I copied the link I see in my message button here:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/us/messages/add/AlejandraG
    It appears to NOT have any of my personal info in that link so is safe to post here.
    Copy/pasting the link you provided gives me the error message "You Don't Have Permission To Do That". :(
    We will have to wait for @AlejandraG to rejoin and respond why you are blocked from PM'ing.
    It shows you have made 7 posts, so recent join is not the issue as far as I can tell.