**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phantom data usage on powered off device

llamallama FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
I'm on the Basic 200 plan and this morning my device starts showing that it is using 2MB every few minutes, exceeds the limit and automatically tops up the device. I received two $15 top up charges in the past couple hours. The problem is that the phone is powered off and has been since yesterday. How do I make it stop??

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,727 admin
    llama said:

I'm on the Basic 200 plan and this morning my device starts showing that it is using 2MB every few minutes, exceeds the limit and automatically tops up the device. I received two $15 top up charges in the past couple hours. The problem is that the phone is powered off and has been since yesterday. How do I make it stop??

Let us see how we can help. Can you please confirm the phone number for the line in question?
  • llamallama FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    How do I get you the number without publicly posting it?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @llama - you would PM her.
    Click on her name and in upper right is gray button "Message" click that for the PM. Then you are a one on one messaging. Under recipients you will see her name only. That is your PM. (Private Message)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I must be missing something. When I click on her name I get her profile page, but I do not see a "Message" button:

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow ! It should be to far right of he name there, but it is all white space under your login box with 4 emblems under it.
    I copied the link I see in my message button here:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/us/messages/add/AlejandraG
    It appears to NOT have any of my personal info in that link so is safe to post here.
    Copy/pasting the link you provided gives me the error message "You Don't Have Permission To Do That". :(
    We will have to wait for @AlejandraG to rejoin and respond why you are blocked from PM'ing.
    It shows you have made 7 posts, so recent join is not the issue as far as I can tell.