**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No Internet

US1US1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11
Hi
I recently put my simple In new phone S5 Mini. I already set the APN but I still don't have any connection
any help out there?
thanks

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,684 admin
    US1 said:

Hi
    I recently put my simple In new phone S5 Mini. I already set the APN but I still don't have any connection
    any help out there?
    thanks

Let us help you check on that. Can you please confirm the ICCID number of the LTE Freedompop sim you have?
    Also, can you please confirm that the device you are using is an unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1 or iOS 8.2+?
  • US1US1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11

US1 said:

Hi
    any help out there?
    thanks

Let us help you check on that. Can you please confirm the ICCID number of the LTE Freedompop sim you have?
    Also, can you please confirm that the device you are using is an unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1 or iOS 8.2+?
    Hi Thank you for the reply.
    yes my phone is unlocked GSM device.
    and currently running Android 6.0.1
    US1 said:

US1 said:

Hi
    any help out there?
    thanks

Thanks! And the full ICCID number on the back of your sim?

US1 said:

US1 said:

Hi
    any help out there?
    thanks

Thank you againfor your reply

iccid
    US1 said:

US1 said:

US1 said:

Hi
    any help out there?
    thanks

iccid
    Thanks!

Please follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number instead of email address.

US1 said:

US1 said:

US1 said:

Hi
    any help out there?
    thanks

iccid
    Thanks!

Please follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number instead of email address.
    Hi. thank you for the detailed information.
    I've tried all this but still no go...
    I can't seem to connect to the Internet but sms and calls would work fine..
    any other steps for me?

Hi. thank you for the detailed information.
    I've tried all this but still no go...
    I can't seem to connect to the Internet but sms and calls would work fine..
    any other steps for me?

The odd thing is that all our communications, for calls and SMS also use data. If you re able to call and text while of wifi, that means you are establishing a data connection with FP.
    As all other steps were exhausted, the only one left is to perform a factory reset after backing up your device's personal data to later reinstall our app and set APNS again.