**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can not Use mobile data, can only call and text when in wifi

Aaron_WietrickAaron_Wietrick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
I am unable to call and text when im out of a wifi zone, I have followed all the steps to use the app, including turning on mobile data and roaming, as well as changing the APN to "fp.com.attz". I have used no data and so I'm full on that as well. whenever I am outside of wifi it says "Network Not Available! connect to wifi or change location for better coverage." I have checked the coverage map and I live in a 4g area. Im slightly annoyed, and im wondering of this is a problem on your end, anyway thank you for your future help.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

I am unable to call and text when im out of a wifi zone, I have followed all the steps to use the app, including turning on mobile data and roaming, as well as changing the APN to "fp.com.attz". I have used no data and so I'm full on that as well. whenever I am outside of wifi it says "Network Not Available! connect to wifi or change location for better coverage." I have checked the coverage map and I live in a 4g area. Im slightly annoyed, and im wondering of this is a problem on your end, anyway thank you for your future help.

Hi! Let us help you check on that. Can you please confirm the ICCID number for your LTE sim?
  • LennaLenna FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    That is exactly what I am facing and it's so frustrating, I got the Sim LTE pack about a month ago and I have been trying to get help since then
  • AntonioCAntonioC Posts: 123 admin
    Lenna said:

That is exactly what I am facing and it's so frustrating, I got the Sim LTE pack about a month ago and I have been trying to get help since then

Hello Lenna,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where you are having this issue?
  • Aaron_WietrickAaron_Wietrick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    my iccid number is :89011704278203231263
    thank you for helping.

my iccid number is :89011704278203231263
    thank you for helping.

Upon account review, we were able to confirm that your account is in a good standing to provide you with the service. However, we've refreshed your service's entitlements on our end and in order to have this problem fixed, please try the following steps:

1) Go to your device settings.
    2) Go to Mobile Network, Access Point Names.
    3) Tap "Add new APN" and name it "FreedomPop".
    4) Type fp.com.attz for the APN, all other fields should be left blank.
    5) Hit the menu button then Save (do not press back, as you'll lose the data you entered in).
    6) Once saved, select the new APN.
    7) Also, make sure that data roaming is turned on.

In addition to the previous steps provided, please make sure your Freedompop messaging app is up to date, if it is not, please update the app to the newest and most recent version of the software. You can access the download page directly by following this link.

It will also be a good idea to sync your account data, please follow the steps below to perform this process:

1. Open the "Messaging" app
    2. Press the "Menu" in the upper left corner
    3. Scroll down and press "Sync Account Data"

With these steps, your device should not experience any additional problems.
    Thank you, but unfortunately this has not solved the problem, could it have to do with my phone being a ZTE, I would not think so but I wanted to ask. Can you think of any reason my my phone would not allow this?

Thank you, but unfortunately this has not solved the problem, could it have to do with my phone being a ZTE, I would not think so but I wanted to ask. Can you think of any reason my my phone would not allow this?

We are sorry to learn the issue is still persisting, could you please confirm the following information?

Is your device a GSM unlocked?
    What's the Android version your device is running?
  • tusr41ctusr41c FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issue. Can you help? I have followed all the above steps including reinstalling the FreedomPop Messaging app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, unlocked from T-mobile. My IMEI is: 325002095458881. My email is correct. Thanks....
    I believe that my phone is GSM unlocked, if you could let me know of a sure fire way to be sure I will do that. My android version is : 6.0.1
    No more help then?