**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to obtain refund

MagikleahMagikleah Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I wanted to pick a plan but there was an error message saying I needed to update my billing information and as soon as I did it charged me $98 for a plan I didn’t want/use. I have since canceled my account and would like a refund since I didn’t use your service and will not be doing so in the future.

Answers

• Magikleah said:

I wanted to pick a plan but there was an error message saying I needed to update my billing information and as soon as I did it charged me $98 for a plan I didn’t want/use. I have since canceled my account and would like a refund since I didn’t use your service and will not be doing so in the future.

Hello Magikleah,

Upon account review, we have confirmed an outstanding payment in the amount of $98.88. We were unable to successfully capture the original payment on 11-17-2017. As part of our standard debt collection policy, we have retried additional payment methods on file, and since the billing information was updated, the outstanding balance was paid. As stated in our Service Plans Terms, charges will continue to accrue until the account is canceled. Please reference FreedomPop Payment Terms section in our Service Plans Terms provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

"If you do not pay on time or if FreedomPop cannot charge your registered payment method for any reason, FreedomPop reserves the right to either suspend or cancel your access to the Site and the affected Services and terminate these Terms, provided, however, charges will continue to accrue until your FreedomPop Account is canceled. If your registered payment method is declined, the relevant Services will be suspended and you will no longer be able to use such Services until you unsuspend your Services by paying all outstanding fees due and any associated unsuspension fees (unless your Services have already been terminated due to such non-payment as described above)."

Since the account wasn't downgraded nor canceled originally, the charge is valid and it cannot be refunded, we are afraid.
This discussion has been closed.