**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

billing

Jonathan HevalowJonathan Hevalow FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
Hello helpful individual,

FP, without authorization, recently upped my monthly charge to $6.98 from $3.99 (no explanation).
I need fixed as this is not something I agreed to.

* note:I am only paying for data rollover and have been for a while.
So while my service is the _free_ plan I am ineligible for human CS contact, though I have been sending in money.
What I am getting is not worth $6.98. In the past when I have needed to make an emergency call/txt I could not rely on FP ("regestering for push notifications" spinning wheel). Yes, I've done the various resets and prl/user updates... Truth is, for me, this is not reliable, except in wifi zone.

I don't want to do a ****, so here I am hoping someone at FP can help... billing person, admin?
thanks!
pharnac

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

Hello helpful individual,

FP, without authorization, recently upped my monthly charge to $6.98 from $3.99 (no explanation).
    I need fixed as this is not something I agreed to.

* note:I am only paying for data rollover and have been for a while.
    So while my service is the _free_ plan I am ineligible for human CS contact, though I have been sending in money.
    What I am getting is not worth $6.98. In the past when I have needed to make an emergency call/txt I could not rely on FP ("regestering for push notifications" spinning wheel). Yes, I've done the various resets and prl/user updates... Truth is, for me, this is not reliable, except in wifi zone.

I don't want to do a ****, so here I am hoping someone at FP can help... billing person, admin?
    thanks!
    pharnac

Hello Jonathan. After looking under the email address you use for this forum, we were able to determine that a FreedomPop Administrative Fee for $2.99 was applied to your account, causing the full charge to be $6.98.
    We have implemented administrative fees to ensure we are in accord with all major carriers. These fees are to recover and help defray costs incurred for increasing customer support services, offset higher payment processing fees, and other expenses related to fraudulent usage monitoring on our networks. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and cannot be waived.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Section - Taxes and Surcharges) for reference provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
  • Jonathan HevalowJonathan Hevalow FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Is this administrative fee applied to all free accounts? If not, what stipulates who this is applied to?
    thanks.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

Is this administrative fee applied to all free accounts? If not, what stipulates who this is applied to?
    thanks.

It's applied to free as well as paid accounts.
This discussion has been closed.