Why am I suddenly using so much mobile data in FP messenger, when my mobile data is turned off?

imacimac Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
For some reason, I am bleeding data like there is no tomorrow! When I log-in to my FP account, I have used 0 minutes on the phone, 14 text messages and I have checked that "mobile data" on my Samsung s3 is turned off. Yet somehow I have managed to use 599 MB of my 550 MB plan, with still 22 billing days left to go!? I have not streamed any videos at all, played music or used other data hungry apps and I am on Wi-Fi all day at work, as well as when I go home at night. My phones usage from Nov 8-15 says that I have used 0.88 GB on FP messaging out of 2.73 GB on Wi-Fi. Surprisingly, from Nov 11-15 it also says, 583 MB on FP messaging out of 656 MB total on mobile data, although mobile data is turned off? This appears to be where the problem lies. I have noticed that small amount of data have always been downloaded every 5, 10 or 15 minutes throughout my 4 years of using FP, but what has changed to substantially increase the size of these data packets? In 4 years, due to the way I use my phone, I have never even come close to my data limit, and yet now, I have gone way over my limit, requiring compulsory top up, and still have 22 days left on my billing cycle!

Please help,
Ian MacDonald

Best Answer

Answers

• imacimac Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    AlejandraG,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, the s3 is the one under the same email used in this forum. The data usage quoted was through my native s3, as that shown through my FP online account does not show whether the data used is due to Wifi or mobile data.
    @AlejandraG I think by mistake that I said that my problem had been answered, whereas, what I meant was that I had answered your questions!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    From my online usage page at my.freedompop.com from the 7th Nov to 15th Nov, there are 69 pages of data usage, a total of 1380 readings. None of the readings are greater than 1 MB, except on the 15th Nov from 12 pm to 3 pm, where there are 18 consecutive readings of significant data usage totalling 500 MB! During this time, I was at work as a teacher, with my Samsung s3 connected to the schools Wifi system. The phone was plugged in via a usb port on charge, and not in use at all. To prevent any more data bleed, I turned off the mobile data setting on my s3 at 6 pm, 15th Nov. and it although inconvenient is still turned off.

I have used this s3 with FP for 4 years and never had large MB readings throughout this time. Obviously, I do not recognize the data usage over this 3 hour period, can you please look into it?
    Yes, I have seen data in less than 2 MB chunks daily for 4 years being deducted.

It is over a week ago now, but as far as I am aware, my s3 was not running other apps or automatic updates in the background. I was teaching solidly in class from 12 pm to 3pm. I mute the sound at 8 am and do not use any apps throughout the day, only once in a while I receive a text from my wife.

You said, "If you notice on your online data report activity you do not recognize, we can look into it but it needs to be from our online usage page."

So can you please look into my online data usage on the 15th Nov from 12 pm to 3 pm, where there are 18 consecutive readings of significant data usage totalling 500 MB?
This discussion has been closed.