**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Administrative Fee

CrouchingBruinCrouchingBruin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
What's this Administrative Fee that I've started seeing on my bill the past couple of months? In October, I got charged a $0.97 Administrative Fee, and in November, I got charged a $2.99 Administrative Fee, almost doubling my monthly bill. I don't remember getting a notice about this Administrative Fee, and the amount seems very random.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,803 admin

What's this Administrative Fee that I've started seeing on my bill the past couple of months? In October, I got charged a $0.97 Administrative Fee, and in November, I got charged a $2.99 Administrative Fee, almost doubling my monthly bill. I don't remember getting a notice about this Administrative Fee, and the amount seems very random.

We understand your concern with the recent revision to our terms of service.
    Administrative fees were implemented to ensure we are in accord with all major carriers. These fees are to recover and help defray costs incurred for increasing customer support services, offset higher payment processing fees, and other expenses related to fraudulent usage monitoring on our networks. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and cannot be waived.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Section - Taxes and Surcharges) for reference provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
  • MCJMCJ FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 26
    So all the free plans are no longer free, and all the advertising that says "100% free" is now lying, all those sim cards hanging in stores that says Free Plan are lying. What a colossal fraud.
    MCJ said:

So all the free plans are no longer free, and all the advertising that says "100% free" is now lying, all those sim cards hanging in stores that says Free Plan are lying. What a colossal fraud.

There are still free plans but this does not include taxes or Admin fees as stated on the terms of service. It's the customer's responsibility to check and review them them before agreeing upon checkout.
  • K. RiceK. Rice FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Will the administrative fee start to be waived if I downgrade to a free plan?
    K. Rice said:

Will the administrative fee start to be waived if I downgrade to a free plan?

No, this is applicable to both free and paid accounts.