**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How Do You Make a Call

punkin444punkin444 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
I ordered a FreedomPop phone. I have been able to go to Google and get directions and have downloaded app Wayz that offers this type of help as well. I have not been able to use the phone and make a call. I am not sure why I can't make a phone call. It's a phone.

Thanks for your help

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,111 admin
    punkin444 said:

I ordered a FreedomPop phone. I have been able to go to Google and get directions and have downloaded app Wayz that offers this type of help as well. I have not been able to use the phone and make a call. I am not sure why I can't make a phone call. It's a phone.

Thanks for your help

Hi! Let us help you with this.
    Can you please confirm that the device in question is the Alcatel under the email address you use for this forum?
    If it is, please confirm that you have downloaded the Freedompop app and attempted to make a call from there instead of the device's native dialer.
  • punkin444punkin444 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    Yes, the device is the Alcatel under the same email address. I have not downloaded the Freedompop app. I believe that the instructions said that I had the app on the phone already, so I tried to use what I guess is the native dialer. So I need to download the Freedompop app? Thanks for your help.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,111 admin
    punkin444 said:

Yes, the device is the Alcatel under the same email address. I have not downloaded the Freedompop app. I believe that the instructions said that I had the app on the phone already, so I tried to use what I guess is the native dialer. So I need to download the Freedompop app? Thanks for your help.

You have to download it since it's essential for our services to work as a VOIP service that provides service through a Voice over IP connection. This means that we use the Internet to connect your calls, communicate texts and allow you access to the Web

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and srcoll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account"
    You said download FreedomPop Text and Messaging app but the link you provided said FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM. Which is correct? Google Play said FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM was already on my phone and instead of downloading did an update. However this app does not look like a phone, it looks like it is a messaging app.

Also, I went to settings on the FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM and it does not have Tethering & Networks.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @punkin444 the App's Icon is blue speaking balloon with white border around. No words. Open it and should be list of texts if any. In upper right is cluster of 10 dots like a touch tone pad. Click that and then try dialing a number. Did call go thru ? Do both parties hear each other well ?

For Android phones once one successful call is made the native dialer is setup to access the App for you. The native dialer should be working for 2nd call and up. You can still call from in the App any time, too.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Thanks Rich, that was the issue. I made my first call.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea ! I like others to have successes.
    Have a nice day !
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
This discussion has been closed.