**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How Do You Make a Call

punkin444punkin444 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I ordered a FreedomPop phone. I have been able to go to Google and get directions and have downloaded app Wayz that offers this type of help as well. I have not been able to use the phone and make a call. I am not sure why I can't make a phone call. It's a phone.

Thanks for your help

Answers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • punkin444punkin444 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, the device is the Alcatel under the same email address. I have not downloaded the Freedompop app. I believe that the instructions said that I had the app on the phone already, so I tried to use what I guess is the native dialer. So I need to download the Freedompop app? Thanks for your help.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    You said download FreedomPop Text and Messaging app but the link you provided said FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM. Which is correct? Google Play said FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM was already on my phone and instead of downloading did an update. However this app does not look like a phone, it looks like it is a messaging app.

Also, I went to settings on the FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM and it does not have Tethering & Networks.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @punkin444 the App's Icon is blue speaking balloon with white border around. No words. Open it and should be list of texts if any. In upper right is cluster of 10 dots like a touch tone pad. Click that and then try dialing a number. Did call go thru ? Do both parties hear each other well ?

For Android phones once one successful call is made the native dialer is setup to access the App for you. The native dialer should be working for 2nd call and up. You can still call from in the App any time, too.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Thanks Rich, that was the issue. I made my first call.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea ! I like others to have successes.
    Have a nice day !
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
This discussion has been closed.