**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why did my phone lose its phone number?

Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
I can't find anything (so far) in searching Help about this. After having a functional FP phone for a few months, last night I discovered that the phone had lost its phone number. I don't know why. Just a couple of weeks ago I updated all of the apps. How much is this going to cost me? If I had known it could lose its phone number, I would have made sure to do what was necessary to prevent that. I bought the phone directly from FP earlier this year. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4 Enhanced. On the account it says "Missing phone number? GET ONE NOW." Okay, but what is that going to cost me? I did not expect my phone to lose its phone number. Where does it tell about that in the Help documents, please?

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin

I can't find anything (so far) in searching Help about this. After having a functional FP phone for a few months, last night I discovered that the phone had lost its phone number. I don't know why. Just a couple of weeks ago I updated all of the apps. How much is this going to cost me? If I had known it could lose its phone number, I would have made sure to do what was necessary to prevent that. I bought the phone directly from FP earlier this year. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4 Enhanced. On the account it says "Missing phone number? GET ONE NOW." Okay, but what is that going to cost me? I did not expect my phone to lose its phone number. Where does it tell about that in the Help documents, please?

Hi! Can you please confirm the MEID number of the device in question? The email address you use for this forum has more than one.
  •  Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you and please pardon the delay. I didn't know what MEID was and had to look up its meaning but did find that. Do we use entire numbers (security)? The last four digits are 9404 (hex) and 3620 (dec). Yes, I bought the two phones the same day.

Thank you and please pardon the delay. I didn't know what MEID was and had to look up its meaning but did find that. Do we use entire numbers (security)? The last four digits are 9404 (hex) and 3620 (dec). Yes, I bought the two phones the same day.

Yes, we need the whole MEID number, we will edit your post later to remove them, to ensure that the ones assigned are the correct ones.
    Thank you. For the phone that lost its phone number, the MEID is 256691546103183620 (decimal) or 0x99000585309404 (hexadecimal).

By the way, on that same Status page, where it says "My phone number", it gives some other phone number that was NOT the nominal one I got when I bought it and activated it and so on. THAT number was 210-943-9476, the number that disappeared. This other one is just some mystery number, 210-372-4708. I have no idea what that number is supposed to represent. The 210-943-9476 was the one I was using successfully to send texts and make calls.

There's at least one more weird thing on the Status page. For Username it uses that mystery phone number again, so that it's "[email protected]" (I'm sorry if I'm confused. These two were my first smartphones. I regret getting two on the same day! I got the second one for only $10 more -- fell for it.)

Anyway, the bottom line is that the phone number that disappeared was 210-943-9476 and NOT the one still appearing on the Status page.

Smartphones are useful, but they are not simple. Never mind that FP has charged me one penny the last two months for "account maintenance" or something like that.... One cent? Really? (I'm on the Basic 200 plan and keep "mobile data" shut off all of the time, use only wi-fi.)

Thank you again.

Ed

Thank you. For the phone that lost its phone number, the MEID is 256691546103183620 (decimal) or 0x99000585309404 (hexadecimal).

By the way, on that same Status page, where it says "My phone number", it gives some other phone number that was NOT the nominal one I got when I bought it and activated it and so on. THAT number was 210-943-9476, the number that disappeared. This other one is just some mystery number, 210-372-4708. I have no idea what that number is supposed to represent. The 210-943-9476 was the one I was using successfully to send texts and make calls.

There's at least one more weird thing on the Status page. For Username it uses that mystery phone number again, so that it's "[email protected]" (I'm sorry if I'm confused. These two were my first smartphones. I regret getting two on the same day! I got the second one for only $10 more -- fell for it.)

Anyway, the bottom line is that the phone number that disappeared was 210-943-9476 and NOT the one still appearing on the Status page.

Smartphones are useful, but they are not simple. Never mind that FP has charged me one penny the last two months for "account maintenance" or something like that.... One cent? Really? (I'm on the Basic 200 plan and keep "mobile data" shut off all of the time, use only wi-fi.)

Thank you again.

Ed

On the other thread (under "Community") I sent the MEID for the one that isn't working. On it, when I touch the Messaging icon, it just comes up saying "Phone number required - Please order your phone number..." and so on. But it previously had a phone number, then as I have reported, one day recently the phone number was gone. The other phone of the two is working fine. Thank you AlejandraG for replies.

When you indicate that the number disappear from the status page, do you mean the FP online profile or the device's settings page?
    If there is a screenshot you can provide us with, it will help to illustrate the issue.
    Thank you and sorry for long delay. It's the Status page on the phone (the device). I don't know how to capture a screen on the phone. Here's how I got there and all that's on the page:

1. Apps
    2. Settings
    3. More
    4. About device
    5. Status

On this Status page are the following:

Battery status
    Battery level
    Network
    Signal strength
    Mobile network type
    Service state
    Username
    Mobile network state
    My phone number
    MIN
    PRL version
    MEID (These are what I sent here before.)
    Dec: 256691546103183620
    Hex: 0x99000585309404
    IMEI - 990005853094044
    ICCID
    IP address
    Wi-Fi MAC address
    Bluetooth address
    Up time
    Device status

Ed

Thank you and sorry for long delay. It's the Status page on the phone (the device). I don't know how to capture a screen on the phone. Here's how I got there and all that's on the page:

1. Apps
    2. Settings
    3. More
    4. About device
    5. Status

On this Status page are the following:

Battery status
    Battery level
    Network
    Signal strength
    Mobile network type
    Service state
    Username
    Mobile network state
    My phone number
    MIN
    PRL version
    MEID (These are what I sent here before.)
    Dec: 256691546103183620
    Hex: 0x99000585309404
    IMEI - 990005853094044
    ICCID
    IP address
    Wi-Fi MAC address
    Bluetooth address
    Up time
    Device status

Ed

We need a screenshot but we can give you the steps to take one. Can you please let us know if you are using your phone and the model and brand it is?
    If you are using a PC, let us know the browser you are using.
    It's the phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4 (or 4S) Enhanced that I bought directly from FP. I'm using its twin that I bought the same day (as a pair, for a special deal). I can't use this one because it won't do much of anything because it doesn't have a phone number anymore. But if I can get it to working again, I will use it along with its twin. I did not know it was possible for it to lose its phone number. I would have done whatever necessary to avoid that if I had known about it. I don't see how I can get a screenshot off of it to anywhere else while it does not have a phone number. I could type in all of the details above. Earlier you asked for the MEID, and I've posted that. Is there anything else specifically that I can just look up on the phone and enter? How can I possibly get a screenshot from it to anywhere else? It doesn't have a phone number and so won't connect to any network -- as far as I'm aware.

It's the phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4 (or 4S) Enhanced that I bought directly from FP. I'm using its twin that I bought the same day (as a pair, for a special deal). I can't use this one because it won't do much of anything because it doesn't have a phone number anymore. But if I can get it to working again, I will use it along with its twin. I did not know it was possible for it to lose its phone number. I would have done whatever necessary to avoid that if I had known about it. I don't see how I can get a screenshot off of it to anywhere else while it does not have a phone number. I could type in all of the details above. Earlier you asked for the MEID, and I've posted that. Is there anything else specifically that I can just look up on the phone and enter? How can I possibly get a screenshot from it to anywhere else? It doesn't have a phone number and so won't connect to any network -- as far as I'm aware.

We need to check where it is you do not see the number listed, here are the steps to take the screenshot:
    1. Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time.
    2. Hold them in for about a second or two.
    3. Your screen will now flash and make a sound to let you know that the screenshot is taken.

Then, add that file to this conversation using the add an image option on the comment box.
    I'm using the forum on my PC. How do I get the screenshot from the phone to the PC? The phone has no phone number, so I can't text or make phone calls or connect to internet.

I'm using the forum on my PC. How do I get the screenshot from the phone to the PC? The phone has no phone number, so I can't text or make phone calls or connect to internet.

How about taking the screenshot and then connecting the device over Wifi, to email it to your PC as an image so you can later upload it from this thread?
    Either that or by connecting the phone over a wired connection to your PC and downloading the image file.
    I have no idea how to do those things that you list. I do believe that I may have managed to take a screenshot, but the rest of it is unknown to me. It seems to me that it won't connect to anything. Are there help files or FAQs for these types of issues?

I have no idea how to do those things that you list. I do believe that I may have managed to take a screenshot, but the rest of it is unknown to me. It seems to me that it won't connect to anything. Are there help files or FAQs for these types of issues?

Is there a relative or a friend who could help you follow the rest of the steps?
    We do not mean to come off as offensive but unless we can remotely see, by a screenshot uploaded on this thread, exactly where you are seeing this device without a phone number.