**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

skang188144skang188144 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
edited November 2018 in BYOD #1
Hi, I have a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. After weeks of unhelpful customer service from FreedomPop (honestly, I think they deleted the last thread I posted about the horrendous customer support here, as it never went up after being "reviewed", but whatever.). Anyways, this is my predicament. I've been using the FreedomPop LTE sim for about 2 months now, but a couple weeks ago, I surpassed the mobile date limit. Top-up credit was automatically added, but for some reason, even after toggling mobile data on, it wouldn't work. Like, I would still get a signal (like, get the full five bars), but mobile data for some reason didn't work, which is essential for texts, calling, and well.. using data. I've tried to reset my phone completely, reset network/wireless settings, reentered the apn (I like quadruple checked, I entered it correctly), downloaded the FreedomPop diagnostics app (hard/soft resets aren't available on my device), synced my account, played around with some of the app settings, updated to the latest FreedomPop messaging app version, reinserted the sim card, reinserted the sim card in another slot (dual sim phone, and I know, I have to change the default sim or whatever it's called, I did that), updated my device to Android 8.1 Oreo, and more. Please, if you have any advice on how to proceed from here, anything is welcome, as long as it's not things that I've already said I tried. Thanks.
Post edited by skang188144 on

Comments

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 295FreedomPop Newbie admin

Hi, I have a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. After weeks of unhelpful customer service from FreedomPop (honestly, I think they deleted the last thread I posted about the horrendous customer support here, as it never went up after being "reviewed", but whatever.). Anyways, this is my predicament. I've been using the FreedomPop LTE sim for about 2 months now, but a couple weeks ago, I surpassed the mobile date limit. Top-up credit was automatically added, but for some reason, even after toggling mobile data on, it wouldn't work. Like, I would still get a signal (like, get the full five bars), but mobile data for some reason didn't work, which is essential for texts, calling, and well.. using data. I've tried to reset my phone completely, reset network/wireless settings, reentered the apn (I like quadruple checked, I entered it correctly), downloaded the FreedomPop diagnostics app (hard/soft resets aren't available on my device), synced my account, played around with some of the app settings, updated to the latest FreedomPop messaging app version, reinserted the sim card, reinserted the sim card in another slot (dual sim phone, and I know, I have to change the default sim or whatever it's called, I did that), updated my device to Android 8.1 Oreo, and more. Please, if you have any advice on how to proceed from here, anything is welcome, as long as it's not things that I've already said I tried. Thanks.

Hello skang188144!

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop. We apologize for the inconveniences previously experienced with our Suppor team as well as the service. In order to be sure we're checking the correct account, we'd appreciate it if you could please confirm the last five digits of your SIM card's ICCID.
  • skang188144skang188144 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie