**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Galaxy S3

RickbRickb FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
Hi, I asked a question earlier today, but I might not have asked in the right place. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have a freedomPop Galaxy S3 phone, bought several years ago. I got an email with a promotion for, "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle FREE Premium LTE 1GB Annual Promo Show Details $49.99" (Pasted In) I'm not sure how that works and if it works with my phone. Is that a SIM card that just gets put into my phone and does anyone know if my phone (Galaxy S3) takes a SIM card? I opened back phone, I see the battery (Nothing under battery) and a small card that on the plastic case next to it, looks like it says Micro then hard to read I think an S and some kind of symbol. Not sure if this means it's SIM card, or some other type of card. Thanks for any Info.

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 455 admin
    Rickb said:

Hi, I asked a question earlier today, but I might not have asked in the right place. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have a freedomPop Galaxy S3 phone, bought several years ago. I got an email with a promotion for, "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle FREE Premium LTE 1GB Annual Promo Show Details $49.99" (Pasted In) I'm not sure how that works and if it works with my phone. Is that a SIM card that just gets put into my phone and does anyone know if my phone (Galaxy S3) takes a SIM card? I opened back phone, I see the battery (Nothing under battery) and a small card that on the plastic case next to it, looks like it says Micro then hard to read I think an S and some kind of symbol. Not sure if this means it's SIM card, or some other type of card. Thanks for any Info.

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where the Galaxy S3 is active? Also, please send us the SIM card's ICCID numbers so that we can take a closer look at it.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickb - The Galaxy S3 is likely a CDMA phone (Sprint network) and the SIM will not work in it. CarlosG should be able to give you a final answer on that for you. For the SIM promoted you would need an unlocked GSM phone (prior life on either AT&T or T-Mobile networks)

Is there a card in that slot you saw by the battery area ? Is it mostly white (SIM) or black (SD memory) ? If it is empty it is likely an SD slot. The S2 and some S3s have the SIM wired permanently inside the phone. It should report an ICCID on sticker under the battery if wired in place.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
This discussion has been closed.