**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't "Submit a Ticket"

rpaluszakrpaluszak Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I recently ordered a received a Freedompop hotspot. It does not turn on. I tried to "Submit a ticket", but I keep getting the following message when I submit it "Attention: Your ticket could not be created because this account is not subscribed to the FreedomPop Premium VIP Service. Please visit our free support tools below or upgrade to the FreedomPop Premium VIP Service.". I do understand, that the service does not come with phone support, but it was my understanding that I could get online help.

I tried the forums and self help but see nothing on resolving my problems. I suspect a defective battery.

Any help in trying to submitting a ticket or getting a replacement battery would be appreciated.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018 #2
    rpaluszak said:

I recently ordered a received a Freedompop hotspot. It does not turn on. I tried to "Submit a ticket", but I keep getting the following message when I submit it "Attention: Your ticket could not be created because this account is not subscribed to the FreedomPop Premium VIP Service. Please visit our free support tools below or upgrade to the FreedomPop Premium VIP Service.". I do understand, that the service does not come with phone support, but it was my understanding that I could get online help.

I tried the forums and self help but see nothing on resolving my problems. I suspect a defective battery.

Any help in trying to submitting a ticket or getting a replacement battery would be appreciated.

Hi!

We apologize for the lack of response. Please be aware that phone support is only available to Premium Support subscribers. You can add Premium Support subscription from your online profile to be able to contact them at 888-701-1353.

You could also visit one of our Basic support options such as forums.freedompop.com, support.freedompop.com, or on Twitter via Direct Message.

If you would like us to give you more assistance over this channel, provide us with your with a description of your issue as well as confirm the email address your account is under.
  • rpaluszakrpaluszak Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I fully understand your policy for phone support. At no time did I try to get phone support, nor am I looking for it. I am not sure why you are suggesting it.

The question I have for the forum, is why can't I "Submit a Ticket" for online support. The problem I am having is with a new device that I received DOA. I should be able to submit a trouble ticket for an RMA on a defective product.

I would think that posting a request on a public forum will not get me an RMA? Am I wrong? Is there a way to submit an online trouble ticket for a defective product?
  • rpaluszak said:

I fully understand your policy for phone support. At no time did I try to get phone support, nor am I looking for it. I am not sure why you are suggesting it.

The question I have for the forum, is why can't I "Submit a Ticket" for online support. The problem I am having is with a new device that I received DOA. I should be able to submit a trouble ticket for an RMA on a defective product.

I would think that posting a request on a public forum will not get me an RMA? Am I wrong? Is there a way to submit an online trouble ticket for a defective product?

Hi!

We understand you are having issues with creating a ticket however our team is more than willing to assist you with any issues you may have and we will definately assist you with this one.

Before we can move forward whith creating an RMA for your device, there are several things we need to do In order to determine if your device is defective.

If you are getting issues with data connection, I do recommend to follow the below steps:

If there is no signal or no connection, make sure APN is set up. You will need to go to device utility page. Getting to the Device Utility Page:
    1. You will need a computer, tablet, or phone to connect to the hotspot via the wifi settings. Wifi name and pw will be displayed on the device home screen.
    2. Open an internet browser and go to http://attunite
    3. Have user type in pw. PW will be attadmin. Click sign in

In the home screen you will see connection details. If it is telling you to connect, click connect. If it does not let you connect or it is showing no signal, check the APN and network preferences.

4. Go to settings>network tab>apn. Make sure Freedompop apn is selected. (see pic below). If there is no option, please fill out the boxes and click on + sign. Select the
    Freedompop APN. If the APN is selected and the connection details on the right has not signal and unable to click connect button, have user restart device.

Below a useful link

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3598/~/how-to-get-started-with-the-netgear-unite

If you have further questions, let us know. We'll gladly assist you.
This discussion has been closed.