Can unlocked Sprint phones be used in the 1gb GSM plan?

QueenriverQueenriver Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I have two phones: one is Iphone SE, and second one is Samsung s7 edge. Both are sprint unlocked phones and currently both are using freedompop CDMA service. Now if I want to use those phones on the plan: unlimited call and text, and 1gb per month GSM service. Is that supported by Freedompop?

I know both phones can be used on ATT and Tmobile since they are unlocked and bands are supported. Just not sure if Freedompop sim card has other limitations.

Thanks for your reply,

Comments

• I have two phones: one is Iphone SE, and second one is Samsung s7 edge. Both are sprint unlocked phones and currently both are using freedompop CDMA service. Now if I want to use those phones on the plan: unlimited call and text, and 1gb per month GSM service. Is that supported by Freedompop?

I know both phones can be used on ATT and Tmobile since they are unlocked and bands are supported. Just not sure if Freedompop sim card has other limitations.

Thanks for your reply,

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. If the device has both CDMA and GSM capabilities then you can definitely attempt to get **** GSM services on it, however, there is a process you'd have to go through in order to do so. First, it would be necessary to have the device released from FreedomPop's system. Once that's done, you'd have to try out a GSM SIM card on the device to see if it works. If it doesn't you'd have to take the device to either AT&T or another GSM service provider and have the device manually changed to a GSM system.

Once you're sure the device is 100% GSM compatible, you can purchase one of our SIM cards that comes with the promotion you mentioned and use the services.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
  • QueenriverQueenriver Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Decided to not go through this road. Bad experience with phone call quality over IP and a lot of trouble ahead to make this work. Thanks for your reply.
  • Decided to not go through this road. Bad experience with phone call quality over IP and a lot of trouble ahead to make this work. Thanks for your reply.

We understand Queenriver. Should you change your mind, you can visit our website to see all of our current deals and promotions. You can also check with our online retailers like Slickdeals, Amazon, eBay, etc for the best deals available.

Let me know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.