**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Error when trying to upgrade data plan

Erryl1Erryl1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
I keep getting an error when I try to upgrade from basic data plan, about billing issue, tried credit card and PayPal multiple times but keep getting an error

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,179 admin
    edited November 29 #2
    Erryl1 said:

I keep getting an error when I try to upgrade from basic data plan, about billing issue, tried credit card and PayPal multiple times but keep getting an error

Our payment system has recently been updated and this is the reason why some credit/debit cards or Paypal accounts are not being accepted. We need you to update your billing information to be able to reactivate your account.

We currently accept all major credit cards and debit cards (not prepaid). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

Also, make sure to follow the next steps to perform the update on your payment info:
    1) Use a PC and not your mobile
    2) Clear cookies and Cache of the web browser or Try in a different browser.
    3) Try to use an incognito tab by pressing "Ctrl + shift + N" in the keyboard while navigating in the browser.
  • Erryl1Erryl1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10

Erryl1 said:

Our payment system has recently been updated and this is the reason why some credit/debit cards or Paypal accounts are not being accepted. We need you to update your billing information to be able to reactivate your account.

We currently accept all major credit cards and debit cards (not prepaid). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

Also, make sure to follow the next steps to perform the update on your payment info:
    3) Try to use an incognito tab by pressing "Ctrl + shift + N" in the keyboard while navigating in the browser.
    Tried all above and still doesn't work, note I have credit on my account for subscriptions.
    Erryl1 said:

Another issue is that this internet hotspot but now is on phone plan with only 200mb data plan not the 500mb I started with
    Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Tried all above and still doesn't work, note I have credit on my account for subscriptions.
    Can you please confirm that you are using a PC and not your mobile, on a private window on your browser to update it?
    Also, please confirm the type of payment being used.

Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Can you please confirm that you are using a PC and not your mobile, on a private window on your browser to update it?
    I tried two pcs/laptops using chrome, iexplorer and Firefox all get the same error message, also this hotspot but show phone plans.
    Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

I tried two pcs/laptops using chrome, iexplorer and Firefox all get the same error message, also this hotspot but show phone plans.
    I have tried both credit card and paypal, as have said I tried two lap tops (PCs) not mobile device. still get error.
    Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

I have tried both credit card and paypal, as have said I tried two lap tops (PCs) not mobile device. still get error.

I have tried both credit card and paypal both did not work.
    my account is setup with credit card the account has subscription credit. I have tried different browser, cleared cookies, tried cntl-n, tried several pcs, laptops, tablets, android phones all get same error. I assuming freedompop doesn't want my service anyone more. Freedompop is not free anymore
    Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

Erryl1 said:

I have tried both credit card and paypal both did not work.
    Erryl1 said:

my account is setup with credit card the account has subscription credit. I have tried different browser, cleared cookies, tried cntl-n, tried several pcs, laptops, tablets, android phones all get same error. I assuming freedompop doesn't want my service anyone more. Freedompop is not free anymore

We are sorry for the late reply but we were able to reinstate services on this account after payment was finally taken by the system yesterday. Please power cycle the device to be able to establish a connection.
This discussion has been closed.