**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Temporary IMEI Release Needed

mat68046mat68046 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have an active account in good standing with my unlocked BYOD however that device is also my backup for my Verizon phone (same phone model). I had to activate my FP phone back to Verizon (previously was on Verizon) which worked when I swapped SIM's and I now have access to my Verizon service however the phone is reporting itself to remote Caller ID services as a FreedomPop device with the FP phone number, not my Verizon #. I attribute this to wht I'm learning about IMEI release.
Is there a way to facilitate allowing the phone to report correctly to Caller ID services?
Thanks for any help that can be provided.
I intend to return the phone back to FP services once my Verizon phone is repaired.
IMEI 358986064077686

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,164FreedomPop Newbie admin
    mat68046 said:

I have an active account in good standing with my unlocked BYOD however that device is also my backup for my Verizon phone (same phone model). I had to activate my FP phone back to Verizon (previously was on Verizon) which worked when I swapped SIM's and I now have access to my Verizon service however the phone is reporting itself to remote Caller ID services as a FreedomPop device with the FP phone number, not my Verizon #. I attribute this to wht I'm learning about IMEI release.
    Is there a way to facilitate allowing the phone to report correctly to Caller ID services?
    Thanks for any help that can be provided.
    I intend to return the phone back to FP services once my Verizon phone is repaired.
    IMEI 358986064077686

Hi! It seems that your device is a GSM unlocked version, capable of using GSM sims like the ones you have from Freedompop and Verizon.
    These devices are not locked to Freedompop. just by switching the sims and deleting our app, the device should work with Verizon's GSM sim card.