**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to downgrade services

PrashantLadPrashantLad FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
I was able to downgrade my plan and paid $20 popup. Now I an trying to downgrade the 6 month value add service since the day I received and enabled SIM and it keeps saying "Failure Downgrade/Deactivate Unsuccessful". Forums say that it happens as they have tried to bill me for it but how can they keep billing 6-7 days in advance and continue to bill for 5 days. My next billing is in 2 days and I want to avoid $42 charge. Can you help cancel? if not please cancel my account and refund the balance. This way of service is no easy for important issues like account charges.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,803 admin

I was able to downgrade my plan and paid $20 popup. Now I an trying to downgrade the 6 month value add service since the day I received and enabled SIM and it keeps saying "Failure Downgrade/Deactivate Unsuccessful". Forums say that it happens as they have tried to bill me for it but how can they keep billing 6-7 days in advance and continue to bill for 5 days. My next billing is in 2 days and I want to avoid $42 charge. Can you help cancel? if not please cancel my account and refund the balance. This way of service is no easy for important issues like account charges.

Hi! We were able to remove the Premier Semi-Annual Value added service for the LTE line under the email address you use for this forum, you will no longer be billed the $42.
  • PrashantLadPrashantLad FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    Thank you Alejandra. I still see my next billing amount is US$4.34 that is due to be deducted in 14 hrs. what is that and it seems like recurring one. Can you help remove that too?

Thank you Alejandra. I still see my next billing amount is US$4.34 that is due to be deducted in 14 hrs. what is that and it seems like recurring one. Can you help remove that too?

The $4.34 upcoming charge belong to a recovery fee which is not something we can remove from the account. We have implemented recovery regulatory fees to ensure we are in accordance with government compliance. These fees belong to defray costs of various federal, state, and local regulatory programs. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and is determined by city/state. For clear visibility, we provide a breakdown of each cost in your billing summary.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review the “Taxes and Surcharges” section of our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
    Thats new to me. I have not heard of that before.

If thats the case, can you cancel my account and refund my top-up $20 that I paid?

this sounds crazy as I thought it was free!

How come my other 2 lines don't have this charge?

Appreciate your quick turn around.

Thats new to me. I have not heard of that before.

If thats the case, can you cancel my account and refund my top-up $20 that I paid?

this sounds crazy as I thought it was free!

How come my other 2 lines don't have this charge?

Appreciate your quick turn around.

Good day. Per our terms and conditions, our services, in this case, the free plan, do not include taxes or administrative or recovery fees.
    Some accounts may or may not incur in them as well as the period they are billed may vary.

If you want to cancel the account, you can do so from your online profile, however, the LTE sim is over its 15-day return for refund guarantee preventing us to be able to refund the top if you choose to close down the account.
    I am requesting refund for top-up that i paid to downgrade the service. i understand I cannot ask for refund on SIM. Any ways it was $0.01

I am requesting refund for top-up that i paid to downgrade the service. i understand I cannot ask for refund on SIM. Any ways it was $0.01

Still, this applies for the top-up because of it as a charge within the 14-day refund or return guarantee. It's not refundable if you chose to close it down.
  • JimShuJimShu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I am unable to downgrade my plan to the free plan. I was able to downgrade my services, and upgrade my international service, but even after my card was charged $20 topup credit, I was unable to downgrade to the free service. Please downgrade my account to the free account and do not charge my card for the next billing cycle in 4 hours. Thank you
    Thanks AlejandraG. Is it possible to transfer the top-up balance to my other line on the same account and close the number? let me know and I will confirm if we should go that route.
  • AC11217AC11217 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I am trying to downgrade my plan to the free plan. I have $10 credit as top up balance but still says "Failure Downgrade/Deactivate Unsuccessful." Please help me downgrade.
    JimShu said:

I am unable to downgrade my plan to the free plan. I was able to downgrade my services, and upgrade my international service, but even after my card was charged $20 topup credit, I was unable to downgrade to the free service. Please downgrade my account to the free account and do not charge my card for the next billing cycle in 4 hours. Thank you

Can you please confirm your sim's ICCID number or the MEID number if you have a device to locate the account?

Thanks AlejandraG. Is it possible to transfer the top-up balance to my other line on the same account and close the number? let me know and I will confirm if we should go that route.

Yes, you can cancel the account so we can transfer the credit to another active account.
    AC11217 said:

I am trying to downgrade my plan to the free plan. I have $10 credit as top up balance but still says "Failure Downgrade/Deactivate Unsuccessful." Please help me downgrade.

Can you please confirm your sim's ICCID number or the MEID number if you have a device to locate the account?
  • smed4762smed4762 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    How do I downgrade my plan to Basic, Free? Can't do it on website, tells me I have to buy a phone. I already bought a phone from FreedomPop. The phone arrived 48 hrs ago and I have been trying to downgrade since then. Can't submit ticket, Can't talk to Representative. Website offers no help for my problem.
    IMEI: 990008814941238
    MEID_DEC: 2566916225044800803
    Serial Number: 36a10e24
    smed4762 said:

How do I downgrade my plan to Basic, Free? Can't do it on website, tells me I have to buy a phone. I already bought a phone from FreedomPop. The phone arrived 48 hrs ago and I have been trying to downgrade since then. Can't submit ticket, Can't talk to Representative. Website offers no help for my problem.
    IMEI: 990008814941238
    MEID_DEC: 2566916225044800803
    Serial Number: 36a10e24

Good day!
    You can find the instructions to downgrade plan here:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3328/kw/downgrade

And to remove a service:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3315/kw/downgrade