**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I need my phone released to use on another carrier

pmhb1pmhb1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
I want to move my phone to another carrier. However, the new carrier states the my MEID is locked by freedompop and needs to be released before starting service. Can an admin please release my phone MEID from freedompop? Thanks

Comments

  • MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 220 admin
    pmhb1 said:

    I want to move my phone to another carrier. However, the new carrier states the my MEID is locked by freedompop and needs to be released before starting service. Can an admin please release my phone MEID from freedompop? Thanks

    Hello!

    I will gladly assist you with this issue.

    Please confirm the device's IMEI/DEC numbers so that we can take a closer look at it and check out the requirements to release your device below.

    - At least six (6) months have passed since the device was registered with FreedomPop.
    - Your device hasn't been reported as lost or stolen.
    - Your device isn't associated with a fraudulent account.
    - Your device hasn't been included in a financial dispute.

    If you meet these requirements and would like to release your device, please contact us back with the email and phone number it was under to look into your request.
  • pmhb1pmhb1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Thank you helping me with this. I meet all those requirements. How do I get the information you need to you without it being seem by the whole community?
  • MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 220 admin
    pmhb1 said:

    Thank you helping me with this. I meet all those requirements. How do I get the information you need to you without it being seem by the whole community?

    Hi!

    You can send the last four digits of the line in question and also the last four digits of the MEID / DEC number.
  • pmhb1pmhb1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Since I did not carry the number over when I tried to activate the phone (unsuccessfully) with another provider, the Freedompop number no longer shows in the phone, however I do remember all but the last 4 digits of it, 507-218-xxxx. I hope that is sufficient. The last 4 digits of the MEID / DEC number. are 3463.
    Thank you for all your help.
  • MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 220 admin
    pmhb1 said:

    Since I did not carry the number over when I tried to activate the phone (unsuccessfully) with another provider, the Freedompop number no longer shows in the phone, however I do remember all but the last 4 digits of it, 507-218-xxxx. I hope that is sufficient. The last 4 digits of the MEID / DEC number. are 3463.
    Thank you for all your help.

    Hi!

    We have requested to release the device to Sprint from our database. Please allow from 24-72 business hours to try to activate it with another provider.
  • pmhb1pmhb1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    It has been over 72 hrs and I tried again to activate with another carrier. When I do, the phone is able to receive calls, but when trying to make outgoing calls it says activation is needed and references the freedompop website. Is the phone not 100% unlocked, or is the freedompop software on the phone causing problems? If the latter, how do I get rid of the freedompop software?
Sign In or Register to comment.