**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Messaging App crashes on opening message thread

I recently brought a Redmi 5 Plus. Calling works fine and I can view and sync account statistics in the sidebar. I can start, send, and receive text messages, but when I try to tap on a thread to read messages the app crashes immediately. I have included a screenshot of the error report it generated. I have seen a similar thread on this forum but this looks to be something regarding a specific resource in the app or maybe something with the phone's "MIUI". Can anybody shed some light on this?

Comments

• Jason TseJason Tse FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11
    In the meanwhile, I can still access message threads by acting as if I want to start a new message thread. If I enter a recipient who already is in an existing thread, the app lets me see the thread. Hope there is a real fix for this though.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,176 admin
    Jason Tse said:

In the meanwhile, I can still access message threads by acting as if I want to start a new message thread. If I enter a recipient who already is in an existing thread, the app lets me see the thread. Hope there is a real fix for this though.

We are afraid there is no specific fix besides accessing the thread from a PC and not your mobile.
This discussion has been closed.