**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Does Freedompop charge extra

vertixtyvertixty FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I'm planning to buy the free basic plan freedompop sim, But I've read reviews that it says it charges extra to set up and ect. Is it true? I just want to pay the 4:99 on sale and use it.

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vertixty - All SIMs come with a free trial and begins billing at the end of the trial.
    To get the FREE plan you need to downgrade BOTH the Plan AND the Services before the end of the trial. You do this in your online account. Explore it early. Find sections called Plan & Services. Once opened, down near bottom is "to downgrade click here" or "to remove service x, click here'.

Note: they do require a one time deposit of $20 to request the FREE plan. There is an automatic top-up that is ON. To turn it off requires a data-safe service That will halt your service without overage charges to you. $6.99/mo. I go naked with it on and monitor my balance especially just before big activities like movies or TV. Then decide if I have enough to avoid overages. Your overage charges pull from the credits you have in your balance.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,111 admin
    vertixty said:

I'm planning to buy the free basic plan freedompop sim, But I've read reviews that it says it charges extra to set up and ect. Is it true? I just want to pay the 4:99 on sale and use it.

Hi! Besides the different reasons explained above by Rich, please be aware that our plans and services do not include any taxes, recovery or administrative fees that both paid and free accounts may incurr.