**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

excessive data usage reported on my account

web_eng_rweb_eng_r FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I purchased a Freedompop's annual sim during the black Friday and started using the plan on Nov 30. Today I discovered that there have been 96 occurrences of 2MB data usage posted to my account for the last 3~4 days, many of which marked in the same time stamp. Considering I have used the phone on wifi almost all the time,
the report is definitely incorrect. Could Freedompop support people please look into this, fix the problem and credit me the data usage deducted from my account? Thanks.

Answers

• sjpatel75sjpatel75 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Same happened with my phone
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,806 admin
    edited December 2018 #3
    web_eng_r said:

I purchased a Freedompop's annual sim during the black Friday and started using the plan on Nov 30. Today I discovered that there have been 96 occurrences of 2MB data usage posted to my account for the last 3~4 days, many of which marked in the same time stamp. Considering I have used the phone on wifi almost all the time,
    the report is definitely incorrect. Could Freedompop support people please look into this, fix the problem and credit me the data usage deducted from my account? Thanks.

Good day! Can you please confirm the exact dates to check these and make sure they are not a bug? We found an LTE account under the email address you use for this forum
    sjpatel75 said:

Same happened with my phone

Can you please confirm your sim's ICCID number or MEID number if it's a device?
    We also need specific times and dates of the data usage activities at my.freedompop.com to verify whether or not they are legitimate.
  • BennyGBennyG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Same thing with mine. Every time I log on using the Freedompop hotspot, I get a series of 2MB charges, sometimes 20-30 2mb charges, all within 2-3 minutes. I saw on this forum to turn off the "auto updates" on apps, and I did that. Problem still happens . I go to the same websites on my phone on a separate wireless service, and the 2mb charges don't appear. Would love if Freedompop could fix this.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,806 admin
    BennyG said:

Same thing with mine. Every time I log on using the Freedompop hotspot, I get a series of 2MB charges, sometimes 20-30 2mb charges, all within 2-3 minutes. I saw on this forum to turn off the "auto updates" on apps, and I did that. Problem still happens . I go to the same websites on my phone on a separate wireless service, and the 2mb charges don't appear. Would love if Freedompop could fix this.

Hi! Can you please confirm the MEID number or ICCID for the line in question to check on the data use?