**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I use a verizon iphone 7 plus on freedompops network?

joetaylorjoetaylor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
I have a verizon iphone 7 plus that I want to bring to freedompops network, and would like to know if it will work. Can someone tell me if it will work. I am wanting to be on the free plan.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,176 admin
    joetaylor said:

I have a verizon iphone 7 plus that I want to bring to freedompops network, and would like to know if it will work. Can someone tell me if it will work. I am wanting to be on the free plan.

Hello Joe! It depends on the device technology.
    Do you know if it's a GSM unlocked?
  • joetaylorjoetaylor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    according to verizon, all phones are now unlocked, and free to take to other providers. Does GSM locked mean something different? Is there a way to check? When I put my imei into sprint's website, it says I can use it on their network.
    joetaylor said:

according to verizon, all phones are now unlocked, and free to take to other providers. Does GSM locked mean something different? Is there a way to check? When I put my imei into sprint's website, it says I can use it on their network.

No, there is not a GSM locked category.
    Only CDMA locked or GSM unlocked but let us have the MEID number to check.

joetaylor said:

How do I give you my imei? I don't want to post it here.
    joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

You can post it and i'll edit it later, we are just confirming compatibility.
    edited December 7 #7

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

meid - **7107891504
    Post edited by AlejandraG on
    joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

meid - **7107891504
    It is not showing as a CDMA locked to Sprint, so likely it is a GSM unlocked device you can use with our LTE sims.
    Anyway, you can place the order for the sim and in case it's not compatible, you have a 14-day trial after shipped to cancel it before you incur in any additional charges.

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

meid - **7107891504
    It is not showing as a CDMA locked to Sprint, so likely it is a GSM unlocked device you can use with our LTE sims.
    Anyway, you can place the order for the sim and in case it's not compatible, you have a 14-day trial after shipped to cancel it before you incur in any additional charges.
    If I want to do the free plan, for the 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 mb, how do I buy the card? Sometimes it shows 200 mb, sometimes it shows 500 mb when I search the available plans. When I try to buy the card, it wants to check my meid, and then it says I have to call. Do I need to call in order to place the order? Can I port my current number?
    joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

joetaylor said:

meid - **7107891504
    If I want to do the free plan, for the 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 mb, how do I buy the card? Sometimes it shows 200 mb, sometimes it shows 500 mb when I search the available plans. When I try to buy the card, it wants to check my meid, and then it says I have to call. Do I need to call in order to place the order? Can I port my current number?
    The right place to make the purchase is shop.freedompop.com. You need to choose a sim card with a free plan since the beginning by logging in an incognito window on your PC browser to order from the "Check Availability" option at freedompop.com