**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

replacing CDMA iPhone 4 with another CDMA iPhone 4

freedomybkfreedomybk FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 26
My device is started to malfunction, I acquired another similar iPhone and would like to swap it. What is proper process of doing so?

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

My device is started to malfunction, I acquired another similar iPhone and would like to swap it. What is proper process of doing so?

Good day! If you have a new device that is CDMA as well like the one that started to malfunction, you need to activate it as a BYOD device, to add it to our Freedompop database, so we can later help you swap it with the one on your previous account.

To get started, simply enter your ESN or MEID on our BYOD Activation Page (www.my.freedompop.com/byod) to find out if your phone is eligible for activation. Please be advised of the following requirements before you begin the process:
    - Need an eligible Sprint phone with a clean ESN number
    - The phone cannot be active with another carrier
    - Must pass the FEC check by not having an outstanding balance with accounts from previous carriers
    - A one-time non-refundable activation fee in the amount of $19.99 for all BYOD phone activations

If activation is successful, please let us know so we can proceed with the swap.
  • freedomybkfreedomybk FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 26
    The above process requires $20 payment which seem excessive for SWAP purposes. Any other options?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

The above process requires $20 payment which seem excessive for SWAP purposes. Any other options?

We do apologize, the activation fee to bring a new device to Freedompop will have the $19.99 .