**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No data connection

Jamison StenoienJamison Stenoien FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28
A few days ago, my daughter’s phone stopped getting a data connection. It still says AT&T at the top, but she can only use Wi-Fi. She has a SIM card that she paid the whole year of service for, and her app says that she has unlimited calls and textS and still has a large amount of data remaining. We followed the troubleshooting steps linked in the error message, took the SIM out and reinserted it, restarted the phone, synced the account, etc. There is still no data connection. Please help. Thank you!

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 669 admin

A few days ago, my daughter’s phone stopped getting a data connection. It still says AT&T at the top, but she can only use Wi-Fi. She has a SIM card that she paid the whole year of service for, and her app says that she has unlimited calls and textS and still has a large amount of data remaining. We followed the troubleshooting steps linked in the error message, took the SIM out and reinserted it, restarted the phone, synced the account, etc. There is still no data connection. Please help. Thank you!

Hello!

Our team is more than willing to assist you.

We are sorry to know you are experiencing some issues with the Freedom pop data service.

Please provide the last 4 digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • Jamison StenoienJamison Stenoien FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28
    Hi!

We were unable to find the line ending in 8555. Please confirm the email address associated with it so we can further assist you.

Hi!

After verifying your account, we found that the data issue was fixed in the morning. Please try again and let us know if it is working properly.
    It worked for a few minutes. But she just got an email saying her service was cancelled! Ugh.

It worked for a few minutes. But she just got an email saying her service was cancelled! Ugh.

HI!

It could be confusion since I have checked the account and is currently active.
    She still has no data and gets the same errors as she has for the last week and a half when trying to call or text. Can’t do anything off of WiFi. This is getting very frustrating, and she may be the next family member to leave FreedomPop. 😩
    Now things look just like they did for the last week with no data connection. Same errors, and no ability to do anything off of WiFi. This is frustrating.

She still has no data and gets the same errors as she has for the last week and a half when trying to call or text. Can’t do anything off of WiFi. This is getting very frustrating, and she may be the next family member to leave FreedomPop. 😩

Now things look just like they did for the last week with no data connection. Same errors, and no ability to do anything off of WiFi. This is frustrating.

Hi!

Please confirm the ICCID number printed on the sim card.

Hi!

We have confirmed that the information is correct in our system and the status is active, your service should be working fine.

Please let us know once you try the service again.
    Would you please walk me through the correct settings? I’m not sure where we’re going wrong.

Would you please walk me through the correct settings? I’m not sure where we’re going wrong.

Hi!

We advise you to refresh the FreedomPop Messaging app. To do this please follow the steps provided below, as this will ensure that all systems are synchronized.

Open the "Messaging" app
    Press the "Menu" in upper left corner
    Scroll down and press "Sync Account Data"

Then:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    5. Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

You should be able to use our service without any issues now! You can also make sure your FreedomPop apps are up to date by checking in the Google Play store (make sure you are logged in/ synced with your Google account).