**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD sprint IPhone 7?

gardenmomgardenmom Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
Hi! I would like to buy a new Sprint Iphone 7 from Apple and get it activated with FP. What do I need to look for to get the right type? In the past we have bought our phones from FP directly so this is new to me. Do I need to get a FP SIM card? GSM? CDMA? I do not have an MEID number for the phone since we have not ordered it yet from Apple.

Comments

• gardenmom said:

Hi! I would like to buy a new Sprint Iphone 7 from Apple and get it activated with FP. What do I need to look for to get the right type? In the past we have bought our phones from FP directly so this is new to me. Do I need to get a FP SIM card? GSM? CDMA? I do not have an MEID number for the phone since we have not ordered it yet from Apple.

Hi!

If you would like to bring your device over to FreedomPop, our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program is designed to provide our customers with an alternative option to taking advantage of our service. We allow the activation of new or pre-owned Sprint smartphones and tablets.

To get started, simply enter your ESN or MEID on our BYOD Activation Page (www.freedompop.com/byod) to find out if your phone is eligible for activation. Please be advised of the following requirements before you begin the process:
    - Need an eligible Sprint phone/tablet with a clean ESN number
    - The phone cannot be active with another carrier
    - Must pass the FEC check by not having an outstanding balance with accounts from previous carriers
    - A one-time non-refundable activation fee in the amount of $19.99 for all BYOD phone activations
  • gardenmomgardenmom Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Okay sounds good. I just have not bought the phone yet to know the ESN or MEID number, was going to buy it new online. A few years ago we bought a Sprint Ipad new from Apple and it could not be activated on FP so I did not want to make the same mistake.
  • gardenmom said:

Okay sounds good. I just have not bought the phone yet to know the ESN or MEID number, was going to buy it new online. A few years ago we bought a Sprint Ipad new from Apple and it could not be activated on FP so I did not want to make the same mistake.

Thank you for the information.

Once you have purchased the phone let us know so we can further assist you.
  • BenjaminKloepferBenjaminKloepfer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    gardenmom, did you buy the phone? Was it able to activate? Thanks.
  • gardenmomgardenmom Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie

gardenmom, did you buy the phone? Was it able to activate? Thanks.

Hi @BenjaminKloepfer - we ended up buying an iPhone 7 direct from Apple online and got an unlocked one that would work with the FP GSM SIM (no specific carrier) - we bought the 49.99 yearly SIM plan and it arrived today and we activated the SIM and the APN settings outlined in the forum and the new phone is working. Never had to tell FP anything about the phone, it just works with the GSM SIM since we got the unlocked version. Now we are just waiting to have the old number switched with the one that was assigned to the new SIM.