**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to disable "auto top-up"?

aloyaloy Posts: 4Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I tried to disable the "auto top-up" function, as there is still $11 in my account. But, the following message pops up. Thanks!

FreedomPop Safety Mode
To better manage your data usage, get additional bonus data and ensure you never go over your plan limit, you can subscribe to our Safety Mode service. You will never need to worry about overage fees.

Safety Mode Feature Include:
Get an additional 500MB for the remainder of your current billing cycle
Receive a 10% boost on your plan data every billing cycle
Disable Automatic Top-up at any time
Never pay for an overage when Automatic Top-up is disabled
Control your data speeds whenever and wherever you are (CDMA only)
By clicking Activate, you are signing-up for Safety Mode service and will be billed for $6.99/MONTHLY

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    aloy said:

Hi, I tried to disable the "auto top-up" function, as there is still $11 in my account. But, the following message pops up. Thanks!

FreedomPop Safety Mode
    To better manage your data usage, get additional bonus data and ensure you never go over your plan limit, you can subscribe to our Safety Mode service. You will never need to worry about overage fees.

Safety Mode Feature Include:
    Get an additional 500MB for the remainder of your current billing cycle
    Receive a 10% boost on your plan data every billing cycle
    Disable Automatic Top-up at any time
    Never pay for an overage when Automatic Top-up is disabled
    Control your data speeds whenever and wherever you are (CDMA only)
    By clicking Activate, you are signing-up for Safety Mode service and will be billed for $6.99/MONTHLY

Hi! Please be aware account credit is used only for data overages, it cannot be used to pay for a value-added service or data plan.
    If you want to add the Safety Mode add-on it will have a cost of $6.99 included on your term renewal.
  • pepperwoodpepperwood Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have free plan. 200 min. 500 text and 200 mb data. I have $20 credit. Disabled auto top ups. Not selected Safety mode. No service selected. Still getting charged $6.99. How can I avoid it. Not getting the answer from FP. If do not get resolved, I am out of FP.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin

I have free plan. 200 min. 500 text and 200 mb data. I have $20 credit. Disabled auto top ups. Not selected Safety mode. No service selected. Still getting charged $6.99. How can I avoid it. Not getting the answer from FP. If do not get resolved, I am out of FP.

The $6.99 showing on the maim LTE sim account under the email address that you use for this forum, belongs to the Safety Mode Add on.
    If you don't want to pay for the safety mode, you need to unsubscribe but the top up will reenable.
    It is not mandatory to have the dafty mode either, you can disable it and just monitor you use to avoid overages but if you want to have the feature deactivated, you need to remain subscribed to the Safety Mode add on.