**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

$3.49 San Francisco FEE

phillip_hallphillip_hall Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I signed up for my FreedomPop account when I was living in San Francisco but now reside in Oregon. I updated my shipping address and changed on PayPal my billing address but even after some months, I still get the $3.49
SAN FRANCISCO ACCESS LINE TAX. How can I stop getting charged this? Thx!

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 1,450 admin

Hello, I signed up for my FreedomPop account when I was living in San Francisco but now reside in Oregon. I updated my shipping address and changed on PayPal my billing address but even after some months, I still get the $3.49
    SAN FRANCISCO ACCESS LINE TAX. How can I stop getting charged this? Thx!

Hello!

Our team is more than willing to assist you.

We are sorry to know you are experiencing some issues with the Freedom pop service.

Please provide the last 4 digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • phillip_hallphillip_hall Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie

Hi!

The San Francisco fee will be a recurring fee since the account was set up in San Francisco. There is no way to change it.
    I can’t believe that for the rest of my life I have to pay $3.49 to the city of SF just because I started the account there. Is there a way to cancel my account and reopen it on Oregon while conserving my phone number?

I can’t believe that for the rest of my life I have to pay $3.49 to the city of SF just because I started the account there. Is there a way to cancel my account and reopen it on Oregon while conserving my phone number?

Hi!

You can go ahead and purchase a new sim card, once you have the new number contact me back so I can make the swap and you will keep your phone number.
    Wonderful! I’ll do that. I’d like to start a whole new account if possible as my email has changed. Is that ok?

Wonderful! I’ll do that. I’d like to start a whole new account if possible as my email has changed. Is that ok?

Hi!

As the account holder, you will need to process this cancellation on your end. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel
    So I didn’t quite understand. Is it possible for me to 1. Start a brand new account with my new address and email. 2. Port in my old number from the account linked to San Francisco and then 3. Cancel my old account?
    Thank you very very much for your help!

So I didn’t quite understand. Is it possible for me to 1. Start a brand new account with my new address and email. 2. Port in my old number from the account linked to San Francisco and then 3. Cancel my old account?
    Thank you very very much for your help!

Hi!

We have escalated this information to the appropriate team to investigate this case. As soon as we have more information we will contact you on this channel. We appreciate your patience.
    Hello they refunded two months for me but again this month I was charged. What can I do? Thx

Hello they refunded two months for me but again this month I was charged. What can I do? Thx

Hi!

After checking your account, we found there is not any other charge for the San Francisco fee.

Please send a screenshot so we can further assist you.
    Im very sorry. You are 100% correct. I was confused about the $3.49 refund. Thank you very very much for your help!!!

Im very sorry. You are 100% correct. I was confused about the $3.49 refund. Thank you very very much for your help!!!

Anytime, we are glad to assist you.

If you have further questions, let us know.
This discussion has been closed.