**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Accessed account today online to find that Global 300 was activated somehow?

GamKarl5SGamKarl5S Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Please reimburse me for the fees you have charged for the Global 300 plan.

Clearly this was added accidentally through the app at a loading screen of some sort. This phone is not used for calls outside the US.

I cannot understand why you require a password for me to disable the service..... by apparently activating the service can be done accidentally. I find this practice very deceptive.

Answers

• GamKarl5S said:

Please reimburse me for the fees you have charged for the Global 300 plan.

Clearly this was added accidentally through the app at a loading screen of some sort. This phone is not used for calls outside the US.

I cannot understand why you require a password for me to disable the service..... by apparently activating the service can be done accidentally. I find this practice very deceptive.

Hi!

Our team is more than glad to assist you.

Please confirm the last 4 digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • GamKarl5SGamKarl5S Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, it is 9759.
  • GamKarl5S said:

Yes, it is 9759.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

After reviewing your account, we do see that you were charged because on 10/27/18, on your account was signed up for a month free trial for the Global Plus 300, when your billing cycle ended and the service was not deactivated, you were charged for the renewal of the service.

In order to avoid future charges, I do recommend to deactivate the Globa Plus 300 plan on your account. Please take a look at the link below in order to get the instructions to deactivate the service:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3398/kw/international

As a valued FreedomPop customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.
    You are correct -- and I can assure you that the Global 300 was accidentally turned on since a password nor any other verification is required to add the service (clearly deceptive).

I have already deactivated the service - but I did not realize it until reviewing my account on the day the 2nd monthly fee was beginning/charged.

• GamKarl5S said:

You are correct -- and I can assure you that the Global 300 was accidentally turned on since a password nor any other verification is required to add the service (clearly deceptive).

I have already deactivated the service - but I did not realize it until reviewing my account on the day the 2nd monthly fee was beginning/charged.

Hi!

Since now the service is canceled you are not going to see any other charge for the Global 300 service.
    What about the refund for a service that was not intentionally signed up for?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    GamKarl5S said:

What about the refund for a service that was not intentionally signed up for?

Hi!

After escalating your case, we were advised from the department in charge that the service was authorized on your online account, we do see that you were charged because on 10/27/18, on your account was signed up for a month free trial for the Global Plus 300, when your billing cycle ended and the service was not deactivated, you were charged for the renewal of the service.

We are unable to issue a refund. at this time.
    you do realize that this was not activated "online" though a website.... I will guess that it was "activated" by a pop-up ad located on the phone itself being used by my son. My issue it that activating a service should require a user to accept through a 2 step process, including entering a PASSWORD.
    GamKarl5S said:

you do realize that this was not activated "online" though a website.... I will guess that it was "activated" by a pop-up ad located on the phone itself being used by my son. My issue it that activating a service should require a user to accept through a 2 step process, including entering a PASSWORD.

Hi!

We confirmed with the department in charge and the records showed it was activated through your online account. A refund is not valid.
    Can you please confirm that I have properly deactivated the Global 300..... It still shows active from the web even though it indicates that it should be immediately dropped as I select all the deactivation steps. I even 'activated' the free global 100 and it did not seem to change how the account appears.

I do not want to see this get billed again accidentally to this account.
    GamKarl5S said:

Can you please confirm that I have properly deactivated the Global 300..... It still shows active from the web even though it indicates that it should be immediately dropped as I select all the deactivation steps. I even 'activated' the free global 100 and it did not seem to change how the account appears.

I do not want to see this get billed again accidentally to this account.

After reviewing your account I confirmed that the service has been successfully deactivated. The reason it still shows in your account is that it will remain "Active" until this billing cycle renews at which point it will automatically be removed from your account. The changed will take place on January 20th, 2019