**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Update Payment info

chappykpittschappykpitts Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
I have been trying to update the card on my account for several weeks, and every time I try it says an error occurred, try again later. I would really like to update the card so that I can upgrade my phone so I can make sure the correct payment will be charged so I can continue to use FPOP

Best Answer

Answers

• chappykpittschappykpitts Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
    My old Galaxy s2 is no longer holding a charge. I have recently purchased a sim and would like to swap my number to the new sim. A friend gave me his old GSM phone to use as he moved his sim to a newer phone.

What do I need to do to make this happen?

I had asked the question back in October through Support, and was said to purchase the Sim, and when I did, I've been trying to figure this out. And apparently [Support] Now doesn't allow one to ask a free question via email, even though it says you can ask a free question via email.
    Where do I go to enter the ICCID info? Or do I do it here in the forum?

Yes the two phones I have that are GSM and LTE capable are above the 4.1 threshold. One I just unlocked, rooted and loaded 7.1, and the other is unlocked, rooted and loaded 4.4 Kit Kat.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,164FreedomPop Newbie admin

Where do I go to enter the ICCID info? Or do I do it here in the forum?

Yes the two phones I have that are GSM and LTE capable are above the 4.1 threshold. One I just unlocked, rooted and loaded 7.1, and the other is unlocked, rooted and loaded 4.4 Kit Kat.

Yes, you can provide us with the ICCID number over this thread.
    However if the device or devices have been rooted, we cannot guarantee that our app will run correctly.
    ICCID: 89011704278203012663

And the rooted phone has used the FPOP app previously

ICCID: 89011704278203012663

And the rooted phone has used the FPOP app previously

The very first step you need to take is to activate the sim using the activation funnel from a PC at my.freedompop.com/activate.
    I tried to do that several times and currently I have to wait for several $20 pending holds from FPOP to clear off so I can try it again. I would go through the process and hit submit and it'd say there was a problem and to try back later. When i got a notice from my bank about the pending holds, they said i'd have to wait for them to clear first. At least I have a little food to eat here at home while I'm waiting.
    Tried again and says error has occurred. It's trying to authorize $20 and I don't have it available right now due to pending transactions. I'll have to try again in a few days. Never thought I'd have so much payment trouble for a free phone.

I tried to do that several times and currently I have to wait for several $20 pending holds from FPOP to clear off so I can try it again. I would go through the process and hit submit and it'd say there was a problem and to try back later. When i got a notice from my bank about the pending holds, they said i'd have to wait for them to clear first. At least I have a little food to eat here at home while I'm waiting.

Tried again and says error has occurred. It's trying to authorize $20 and I don't have it available right now due to pending transactions. I'll have to try again in a few days. Never thought I'd have so much payment trouble for a free phone.

That's ok, we will wait to hear back from you

I have been trying to update the card on my account for several weeks, and every time I try it says an error occurred, try again later. I would really like to update the card so that I can upgrade my phone so I can make sure the correct payment will be charged so I can continue to use FPOP

Our payment system has recently been updated and this is the reason why some credit/debit cards or Paypal accounts are not being accepted.

We currently accept all major credit cards and debit (not prepaid, gift or virtual) cards . We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

Also, make sure to follow the next steps to perform the update on your payment info:
    1) Use a PC and not your mobile
    2) Clear cookies and Cache of the web browser, preferably Chrome or Firefox and/or using an incognito or private window.
    The only account I use is paypal and paypal Business Debit. So you are telling me, that FPOP will not accept a payment due to my payment preference. And as such cannot update my phone so that I can go on a better plan, to which I can pay FPOP more money?
    Basically telling me that my money is no good?
    And yes, I have used several different browsers and several different computers
    Seems the only think keeping from swapping this phone number to the sim card is that I cannot update my payment info to charge $1.98.
    Can I swap to another SPRINT phone without having to update the payment info?
    I apologize for venting to you, you are just part of the community forum and not a part of the FPOP employment team. I still don't know how to get in contact with them. I thought about upgrading my account to get live or prime services, but guess what, I CAN'T UPDATE MY PAYMENT INFORMATION TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT EITHER.
    What would I have to do to do a phone swap to another sprint phone? Since FPOP doesn't want to take my money?

The only account I use is paypal and paypal Business Debit. So you are telling me, that FPOP will not accept a payment due to my payment preference. And as such cannot update my phone so that I can go on a better plan, to which I can pay FPOP more money?
    Basically telling me that my money is no good?

If the Paypal payments you have tried, are not working, you will need to use another one to be able to update billing information, we are afraid.

And yes, I have used several different browsers and several different computers

Different computers at another place that is not your home or where you are attempting to update it? The same internet connection will have the same IP even if you try from another computer using the same wifi signal.

I apologize for venting to you, you are just part of the community forum and not a part of the FPOP employment team. I still don't know how to get in contact with them. I thought about upgrading my account to get live or prime services, but guess what, I CAN'T UPDATE MY PAYMENT INFORMATION TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT EITHER.

I am an official Customer Service Freedompop representative but we are unable to modify the currently accepted payments.
    Would you be so kind to forward a screenshot of the error you get while on an incognito window on your PC?

Here's where $20 was PAID (not pending) to FPOP.

Heere is the messages via paypal for the $2.24 charge. AND STILL NOT HAVE THE SIM CARD ACTIVATED. HOW MUCH MORE DOES FPOP WANT TO ACTIVATE A $1.99 SIM ON A FREE PLAN ACCOUNT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is so far $22.24. I would really like to get something out of all this. LIKE ,MAYBE GETTING THE SIM ACTIVATED.

Heere is the messages via paypal for the $2.24 charge. AND STILL NOT HAVE THE SIM CARD ACTIVATED. HOW MUCH MORE DOES FPOP WANT TO ACTIVATE A $1.99 SIM ON A FREE PLAN ACCOUNT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is so far $22.24. I would really like to get something out of all this. LIKE ,MAYBE GETTING THE SIM ACTIVATED.

It seems the reason behind payment not being taken, is insufficient funds.
    FPOP has already charged me $22.24 And all I'm trying to do is activate a $1.98 Sim activation fee. And I've had funds in there to cover everything else FPOP couldn't have already gotten $22.24. I was mainly trying to update the payment option so it would be correct. And activate the sim for $1.98. No. This is not helpful at all.
    There's $31.xx in my paypal account. How much is FPOP requesting OVER THE $22.24 THEY ALREADY TOOK?

Trying again to activate the sim, and it's been "Processing Order" for over 24 hours.

Trying again to activate the sim, and it's been "Processing Order" for over 24 hours.

The screenshots do not show you are using an incognito window, as requested before.
    Something else you can try, is an alternate email address that the one you are using
    I've tried with 5 different email addresses. I want my $22.24 back on my paypal, so I can keep trying some more to make this not work. FPOP has my money, I want the service. Refund the $20 and the $2.24 and I will try it 47 more times. Or do I keep having to request my $22.24 via paypal? I'll just keep doing both until someone there makes this happen.
This discussion has been closed.