**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is FreedomPop Only Voip?

jibreel_m05jibreel_m05 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I was wondering if I purchase the $5/ month plan, is it Voip or is it normal where I call/text through my iphone’s built in call and message apps.
Thanks!

Answers

• hyegeekhyegeek Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    All of FreedomPOP's GSM service is voip only. On a cdma phone, you may have an option for premium voice that will make normal cell calls.
  • MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 1,450 admin

I was wondering if I purchase the $5/ month plan, is it Voip or is it normal where I call/text through my iphone’s built in call and message apps.
    Thanks!

hyegeek said:

All of FreedomPOP's GSM service is voip only. On a cdma phone, you may have an option for premium voice that will make normal cell calls.

Hi!

Our services work through the Freedom pop application since it's essential for our services to work as a VOIP company that provides service through a Voice over IP connection. This means that we use the Internet to connect your calls, communicate texts and allow you access to the Web.