**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Transfer FreedomPop number to a new sim card

ToriTToriT Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I lost my SIM cards and bought replacement ones. I would like to transfer my numbers to the new sim cards. What is the procedure? Thanks
«1

Answers

  • ToriT said:

    Hello,

    I lost my SIM cards and bought replacement ones. I would like to transfer my numbers to the new sim cards. What is the procedure? Thanks

    Hi!

    Our team is glad to assist you

    We are sorry to know you have lost the sim card.

    Please let us know the last four digits of the number you would like to attach and the new ICCID number printed on the new sim card.
  • railroadrailroad Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I've lost my SIM card. How can I keep my phone number and transfer the remaining months of my plan (Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual) to a new SIM card? When I buy a new SIM card, should I do it through my existing FreedomPop account or do I need to create a new one?
  • railroad said:

    I've lost my SIM card. How can I keep my phone number and transfer the remaining months of my plan (Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual) to a new SIM card? When I buy a new SIM card, should I do it through my existing FreedomPop account or do I need to create a new one?

    Hi!

    Our team is happy to assist you

    We can transfer your old number to the new sim card however the remaining time is not possible to transfer it.

    You can add it to your current Freedom pop account.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 and was led to a page asking me to either transfer my old number for $9.99 or to get a new number. I already have a Freedom Pop number/account that I would like to keep. Is there any way I can just keep my current Freedom Pop number with the new card?
  • pnpowles said:

    I just bought the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 and was led to a page asking me to either transfer my old number for $9.99 or to get a new number. I already have a Freedom Pop number/account that I would like to keep. Is there any way I can just keep my current Freedom Pop number with the new card?

    Hi!

    Please provide the last four digits of the phone number you would like to keep and the new ICCID number printed on the sim card.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    My phone number ends in 6358 and the new ICCID number on the SIM card is 89011704278203133824. I don't know if it matters or not, but I also currently have the FreedomPop Data Rollover service, if that makes a difference.

    If this works, my husband would like to do the same thing (get the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 and keep his current Freedom Pop phone number), so I may be getting back in touch with you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    pnpowles said:

    My phone number ends in 6358 and the new ICCID number on the SIM card is 89011704278203133824. I don't know if it matters or not, but I also currently have the FreedomPop Data Rollover service, if that makes a difference.

    If this works, my husband would like to do the same thing (get the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 and keep his current Freedom Pop phone number), so I may be getting back in touch with you!

    Hi!

    After verifying your account, we found that we can go ahead and transfer the number to the sim card 89011704278203133824, you will need to choose a temporary number to assign to the ICCID ending in 3824.

    Once you have assigned a number to the new sim card please contact back.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,
    I have assigned the number (223) 777-0336 to the sim card 89011704278203133824. Please advise me of what to do next. Thank you.
  • pnpowles said:

    Hi,
    I have assigned the number (223) 777-0336 to the sim card 89011704278203133824. Please advise me of what to do next. Thank you.

    Hi!

    The swap has been completed. Please turn off the devices and back on. Please let us know if they are working properly.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

    It's coming up as the new (unwanted) phone number. Could you please try again to swap back to my old number (717)366-6358? I hadn't put the new sim card in before you told me the swap was completed, so I'm guessing that's why it didn't switch. I'm sorry about that. Thank you.
  • pnpowles said:

    Hi,

    It's coming up as the new (unwanted) phone number. Could you please try again to swap back to my old number (717)366-6358? I hadn't put the new sim card in before you told me the swap was completed, so I'm guessing that's why it didn't switch. I'm sorry about that. Thank you.

    Hi!

    Please check again and let us know if it is working properly.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    It seems that both numbers are working. I don't know why that would be the case, since I don't have two sim cards in my phone at once. How do I know that the new $49.99 deal is on my old, original 717-366-6358 number?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 9 #14
    pnpowles said:

    It seems that both numbers are working. I don't know why that would be the case, since I don't have two sim cards in my phone at once. How do I know that the new $49.99 deal is on my old, original 717-366-6358 number?

    Hi!

    The account and the charge of $ 49.99 are attached to the 6358 number already.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I THINK I see that my 6358 number has the new Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo with it (see attachment) although it does still look like they want me to activate my new SIM (upper left corner of screen shot)? Do I need to do anything about that, or is it already done? And am I free now to go ahead and cancel the other number and the old plan (223-777-0336)?

  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Team, I have a FreedomPoP (FP) account and currently in the basic plan. I purchased a 12 months prepaid plan (Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 that came with a sim) and I want this prepaid plan to be enabled for my current FP account. Please let me know the next steps on how to merge/swap the prepaid account to my existing FP account. Is there any cost/charge associated to update the new plan to my current sim?
  • pnpowles said:

    I THINK I see that my 6358 number has the new Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo with it (see attachment) although it does still look like they want me to activate my new SIM (upper left corner of screen shot)? Do I need to do anything about that, or is it already done? And am I free now to go ahead and cancel the other number and the old plan (223-777-0336)?

    Hi!

    The annual subscription is already on the line 6358.

    As the account holder, you will need to process this cancellation on your end. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel
  • RLRPB said:

    Hi Team, I have a FreedomPoP (FP) account and currently in the basic plan. I purchased a 12 months prepaid plan (Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 that came with a sim) and I want this prepaid plan to be enabled for my current FP account. Please let me know the next steps on how to merge/swap the prepaid account to my existing FP account. Is there any cost/charge associated to update the new plan to my current sim?

    Hi!

    Our team is glad to assist you.

    Please provide the last four digits of the lines in question so we can complete your request.
  • pnpowlespnpowles Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Marcela, thank you so much for all your help. Like I said earlier, my husband will likely be writing you when his new SIM card arrives, so you can help him change his current FP number over to the new SIM, just like you helped me do. Thanks again, and have a good day! :)
  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Marcela, Ph # ending with 8668 needs the new prepaid plan updated.
  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Marcela,
    Also, my account has 2 phone #'s and I am using both. I am yet to get a temporary # for the new plan/sim I got with the prepaid plan, please let me know whether you want me to get a temp # for that new sim....
  • pnpowles said:

    Marcela, thank you so much for all your help. Like I said earlier, my husband will likely be writing you when his new SIM card arrives, so you can help him change his current FP number over to the new SIM, just like you helped me do. Thanks again, and have a good day! :)

    Your welcome!

    I am glad to assist you.
    RLRPB said:

    Hi Marcela, Ph # ending with 8668 needs the new prepaid plan updated.

    RLRPB said:

    Hi Marcela,
    Also, my account has 2 phone #'s and I am using both. I am yet to get a temporary # for the new plan/sim I got with the prepaid plan, please let me know whether you want me to get a temp # for that new sim....

    Hi!

    Please give us more information about the upgrade you would like to make and the lines in question.
  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Marcela,
    I have 2 lines/connections in my FreedomPop account (ending with 8668 & 4666) both has basic plan.
    I purchased a 12 months prepaid plan (Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 that came with a sim) and it has NOT been added/activated to my account yet with a temporary number.
    Please let me know the next steps on how to merge/swap this prepaid plan to be enabled/moved to my current line ending with 8668. I would like to continue the basic plan for my line ending with 4666.
    Do you want me to create/activate a temporary # to my account for the prepaid plan that I purchased ?
    Is there any cost/charge associated to update the new plan to my current sim?
  • RLRPB said:

    Hi Marcela,
    I have 2 lines/connections in my FreedomPop account (ending with 8668 & 4666) both has basic plan.
    I purchased a 12 months prepaid plan (Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99 that came with a sim) and it has NOT been added/activated to my account yet with a temporary number.
    Please let me know the next steps on how to merge/swap this prepaid plan to be enabled/moved to my current line ending with 8668. I would like to continue the basic plan for my line ending with 4666.
    Do you want me to create/activate a temporary # to my account for the prepaid plan that I purchased ?
    Is there any cost/charge associated to update the new plan to my current sim?

    Hi!

    Our team is glad to assist you.

    Please provide the new ICCID number printed on the sim card so we can complete your request.

  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    89011704278203151990
  • RLRPBRLRPB Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Marcella, can you please let me know is there any update on my request?
    I sent the requested ICCID on yesterday Jan 10 evening, not sure why it got delivered only today morning.
This discussion has been closed.