**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone shows no signal

Kyle PowellKyle Powell FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
Motorola G6 in Edinburgh City Center. Last four of iccid are 8510. The app works fine on WiFi and I have double checked the apn is set to go.com.attz. What's going on?

Best Answers

• Kyle PowellKyle Powell Posts: 15
    #2 Accepted Answer
    But your old "global" sim cards did offer that service and the website reads that the global sim cards are being replaced by the LTE sim. That's an inferior service that you're switching to and not well explained. I can use wifi plenty of other ways to get messages, calls, and voicemails, rather than paying a lot of money for this.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin

Motorola G6 in Edinburgh City Center. Last four of iccid are 8510. The app works fine on WiFi and I have double checked the apn is set to go.com.attz. What's going on?

Good day Kyle. It seems that there were still logs of the Iphone device used previously linked to your sim that could be behind the issue with connecting on data but they have been cleared now.
    Please follow these steps on the Motorola device one last time to ensure the device settings are correct, while off wifi:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store/ Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number instead of email address.
  • Kyle PowellKyle Powell FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. After completing all the stwps listed in your reply, I'm still getting the "no network" message when I turn off WiFi.

I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. After completing all the stwps listed in your reply, I'm still getting the "no network" message when I turn off WiFi.

Did you sync the account as advised, while off wifi?
    Yes, I did try opening the app and syncing the account with WiFi off. It says "no network" as soon as I open the app. I went ahead and clicked on sync account. I got a notification that said "FreedomPop setup waiting for connection" but it never changed

Yes, I did try opening the app and syncing the account with WiFi off. It says "no network" as soon as I open the app. I went ahead and clicked on sync account. I got a notification that said "FreedomPop setup waiting for connection" but it never changed

We are afraid troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, the only one left is a factory reset but you will need to backup your personal data and re-install the app and set APNS again.
    I can't backup my data because I'm away from home. Maybe I will try in a few days when I get back, but I won't have any use for the service then.

I can't backup my data because I'm away from home. Maybe I will try in a few days when I get back, but I won't have any use for the service then.

Ok, we will wait on an update after you are able to back up your personal data and re-install the app and set APNS again.
    I'm back home in the USA. I didn't do anything different than what I tried in Edinburgh (several times in Edinburgh, on different days), and now it works perfectly. I didn't do a factory reset on the phone. This is very frustrating because I only use this service when I travel (at most, once every six months). I can't take it with me just hoping that it will work. Unless I can get a good answer for why it didn't work this trip and how to make sure that it does work next time, I'll have to find another option for cell service on my next trip.

I'm back home in the USA. I didn't do anything different than what I tried in Edinburgh (several times in Edinburgh, on different days), and now it works perfectly. I didn't do a factory reset on the phone. This is very frustrating because I only use this service when I travel (at most, once every six months). I can't take it with me just hoping that it will work. Unless I can get a good answer for why it didn't work this trip and how to make sure that it does work next time, I'll have to find another option for cell service on my next trip.

Mr. {owell I would like to sincerely apologize. I missed checking on the original post you were in Edinburgh City. Our LTE sim cards do not offer roaming while abroad besides wifi.
    I understand. Your service has evolved into something that doesn't meet my needs anymore, so I won't be doing business here anymore.

I understand. Your service has evolved into something that doesn't meet my needs anymore, so I won't be doing business here anymore.

We are sad to see you go but understand your decision. Please remember to cancel your account but wait to do so if planning on porting out the number. If you port out, complete the process and cancel once the port out has been completed.