**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Android Updates

TdkellyTdkelly Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Bought the Alcatel One Touch Conquest for my kid for Christmas. I want to install and use Family Link with parent controls on the phone, but I can't sign in on the phone using his google account as it says Android 5.1 minimum is required and it came with 5.0.1 Since android updates are generally pushed through from the carrier when the phone is bought from them, and I bought this phone from FP, generally speaking what is FP's policy about pushing out android udpates to their phones, and specifically speaking how do I update the android version on THIS phone?

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,432 admin
    edited December 2018 #2
    Tdkelly said:

Bought the Alcatel One Touch Conquest for my kid for Christmas. I want to install and use Family Link with parent controls on the phone, but I can't sign in on the phone using his google account as it says Android 5.1 minimum is required and it came with 5.0.1 Since android updates are generally pushed through from the carrier when the phone is bought from them, and I bought this phone from FP, generally speaking what is FP's policy about pushing out android udpates to their phones, and specifically speaking how do I update the android version on THIS phone?

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. After escalating your question to our support team, we have been advised that the device should be able to download Android updates automatically as our devices do not depend on the carrier to push out the updates. We work along with carriers such as Sprint, AT&T, etc in order to provide network connections through their towers however since most of our devices are refurbished, they are reset to be able to perform updates on their own. If there are any issues with updating at a certain point, it would be because the device itself has been limited to its current version due to the refurbishment process it went through meaning that the device won't be able to update further.