**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How do I get my phone released? I cancelled service a year ago.

Larry660Larry660 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I tried to activate with another carrier and was informed it was still active with FreedomPop.
I attempted to submit a ticket but was denied because I don't have premium service.

Best Answer

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,200FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Larry660 said:

I tried to activate with another carrier and was informed it was still active with FreedomPop.
    I attempted to submit a ticket but was denied because I don't have premium service.

Hello LArry! Let us check on this, can you please confirm the MEID number of the device in question?
  • Larry660Larry660 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    It is a Samsung S5 MEID 256691517502438182
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,200FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Larry660 said:

It is a Samsung S5 MEID 256691517502438182

We can see that this is a CDMA locked to Sprint device activated with us.
    We can go ahead and request to release from our database to Sprint but if we do, it can only be used with other Sprint MVNO's like us, within the US. We do not have the availability to unlock it for GSM use, to use GSM sim cards within or outside the US, we do apologize.

If you need to unlock it for GSM instead of release, we recommend you contact Sprint directly, to see if as the main carrier, they offer such option. If you would like to proceed with us releasing the device, you will need to cancel your account.
  • Larry660Larry660 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I have cancelled my account for this device. Please proceed with releasing it.
This discussion has been closed.