**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I need my mls code for a carrier reset

Buckeye89Buckeye89 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
I need my mls code because i need to do a carrier reset.
My phone only texts or calls when connected to wifi so i am going to try a carrier reset but i never got the msl code...

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Buckeye89 said:

I need my mls code because i need to do a carrier reset.
    My phone only texts or calls when connected to wifi so i am going to try a carrier reset but i never got the msl code...

Hi! Can you please confirm the device's MEID number to find the MSL code?
  • Buckeye89Buckeye89 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    my imei number is:
    Buckeye89 said:

my imei number is:

Hi! Can you confirm if this is for the LTE sim line under the email address you use for this forum? The IMEI is not pulling up any information.
    I have confirmed this is in fact the IMEI. So where can I go from here if the IMEI is not registered to the email address (I did check my email address assigned to my Buckeye89 ID and it is correct)?
    Buckeye89 said:

I have confirmed this is in fact the IMEI. So where can I go from here if the IMEI is not registered to the email address (I did check my email address assigned to my Buckeye89 ID and it is correct)?

One of the reasons we may not be finding the MEID is because your device is not a CDMA version, which is the type of devices you can perform a carrier reset on, to troubleshoot it.
    Can you please confirm if you have an LTE sim account instead and if you do, the ICCID number of the sim? This way we will be able to confirm and give you the correct troubleshooting steps.
    Is this something that is safe to post online? Is it possible for me to send this to you directly, without posting the ICCID number on the forum?
    Buckeye89 said:

Is this something that is safe to post online? Is it possible for me to send this to you directly, without posting the ICCID number on the forum?

Just confirm the last 4 digits of the ICCID so I can confirm if it is the same assigned under the email address you use for this forum
    It is not under my IMEI in IMEI infois there anyway else to get it?
    Buckeye89 said:

It is not under my IMEI in IMEI infois there anyway else to get it?

The ICCID number is on the back of your sim, we just need those last numbers.
    OK They are 0027
    Can you grt that number for me?
    Buckeye89 said:

Can you grt that number for me?

Ok so we have confirmed that your device seems to be an unlocked version and running with one of our LTE sims.
    The correct steps to troubleshoot it are different as carrier reset is for the other kind of technology, CDMA.

Please follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number (ending in 4231) instead of email address.
    none of those worked
    Buckeye89 said:

none of those worked

If all the steps provided didn't work, you will need to factory reset your device. We recommend to backup your personal data before the reset to avoid losing it.
    After the reset, download our app, reset APNS and log in with phone number (ending in 4231) instead of the email address at the FP messaging app.
    Is there any way to do it without factory resetting it, i don't want to do that if i don't have to
    Buckeye89 said:

Is there any way to do it without factory resetting it, i don't want to do that if i don't have to

We are afraid that is the only step left as all other troubleshooting in our end as well as yours, by following the steps provided, have been exhausted.