**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Not able to activate HTC EVO 4G after factory reset

Hi
Had some issues with my EVO 4G phone, so did a factory reset but when the restart happended, it requested for email address associated with the device but on entering the value it kept prompting back that the value entered is incorrect and i have to enter correct value, thou the value entered is correct.

But after a back and forth, it went ahead and accepted the google account details in next screen and phone was able to get to the home screen. I then followed the link and download freedompop messaging
https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/22983/htc-evo-4g-no-longer-work

(This app does show my usage details and plan info correctly, but the Freedompop config app, never accepts the email I enter)

Thou install is successful, the registering for push notification never stops and it continously appears at the top in the notification section. Using the messaging app, I am able to send text messages. Not able to receive them and cant make or receive calls.

I also tried the update profile/PRL steps... at times without any error and at times with Error 67, try after sometime.

Please help to get this phone back online.

Thanks

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Radha VaradarajanRadha Varadarajan Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Just to add I was able to obtain MSL via outside tool and tried a devide reset, after the restart, the software said activation/profile/PRL update all successful, then asked for email related to account and keeps erroring out as above.
    requested id information is A1000017A1DCDF

Please advise on how to get around this issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the response. The HTC EVO 4G runs on Gingerbread 2.3 version and hence there is a specific version, listed in the other forum topic linked in first post which needed to be downloaded. The current version doesnt show up in playstore as its not compatible with older version. Thou I am able to install the app and when I open it I can see the account information/usage statistics listed on nav bar of the messaging app, the top notification is hung at the stage of registering for push notifications and doesnt move past this message.

Phone stays in same functionality, can message, but cannot receive one and cannot receive or make phone calls.

I did try the 72786 method to do reset. Thou the phone says Reset is successful and so is Profile and PRL, when i open messaging it is stuck at Registering for push notifications. I do believe I tried the reset once via WIFI connected and once via data connection only as I have the 3G indicator blinking and seems to work as I did not get an error (and was able to send text message)... but will try again and see if there is any other change.

Thanks
    Thanks for the response. I tried to get another replacement phone of mine to activate on this line but learnt that there is an activation fee of $20 even if the same number and account, since my phone is showing 3G signal and able to send SMS out, it is connected to freedompop (even the messaging app shows the user profile and usage details correctly). Is there a way to send in the the latest applicable ROM pushed via the service network, I have done a factory reset, but not sure how to get it update d to latest freedompop image, I have seen a few times where the update used to happen on my phone earlier and now that I have done a factory reset, may be the latest freedompop ROM isnt on my phone so it would help if there is a specific version that could be pushed to my phone or shared somewhere that i could download and install on my phone. At this point in time the $20 to replace my phone is a fee I have to think few times before I could afford to do and want to know if there are ways the phone could get back to working condition to make an receive phone calls.

Thank you.