**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone and SIM card stolen, need to transfer number and account to new SIM card

UV254UV254 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 14
Hi-

My phone was stolen. :'( So, I need to transfer my account and phone number over to a new SIM card. Can you please help me?

The phone number that needs to be moved over is ending -6010, under account isaa*****@gmail.com

The new SIM card ICCID is 89011704278147846630

If you can transfer my phone number onto this new SIM card, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    UV254 said:

Hi-

My phone was stolen. :'( So, I need to transfer my account and phone number over to a new SIM card. Can you please help me?

The phone number that needs to be moved over is ending -6010, under account isaa*****@gmail.com

The new SIM card ICCID is 89011704278147846630

If you can transfer my phone number onto this new SIM card, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Hi! You will need to activate the sim first before they can be swapped.
    Please visit Freedompop.com/activate from a PC using an incognito or private window on your browser and assign a temporary number.
    Let us know after that so we can continue with the transfer.
  • UV254UV254 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 14
    Hello -- thank you for the reply, I really appreciate your assistance!

As you instructed, I have activated the new SIM card that I previously mentioned. The temporary number assigned is ending -6064.

With the new SIM card now active, are you able to transfer my account and number to the new SIM? Thanks again!!
    UV254 said:

Hello -- thank you for the reply, I really appreciate your assistance!

As you instructed, I have activated the new SIM card that I previously mentioned. The temporary number assigned is ending -6064.

With the new SIM card now active, are you able to transfer my account and number to the new SIM? Thanks again!!

Can you please confirm the whole temporary number?
    Dear Alejandra,

Thank you for your message. The temporary number is 330-382-6064.
    UV254 said:

Dear Alejandra,

Thank you for your message. The temporary number is 330-382-6064.

We were able to assign the number ending -6010 to sim 89011704278147846630. Please follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and srcoll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number instead of email address.

For iOS
    iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

-Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next, you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

-Sync Account Data
    Log out of the FP messaging app and log back in.
    Hello,

I think there might be a problem: I requested for the new SIM card to be added to my existing account and phone number (which is a 1 GB annual plan with unlimited texts). But when I put in the new SIM card, the app is showing the "Basic 200" plan.

Before my phone was stolen I had 9 months of service remaining on the 1 GB annual plan. How can I preserve that service that I have pre-paid?

To summarize: I didn't merely want my phone number to be ported to a new account... I requested that the new SIM card be associated with the existing account's phone number, email address, and months remaining. So, are you able to credit my account with the remaining service that I have already pre-paid for?

Thank you.
    UV254 said:

Hello,

I think there might be a problem: I requested for the new SIM card to be added to my existing account and phone number (which is a 1 GB annual plan with unlimited texts). But when I put in the new SIM card, the app is showing the "Basic 200" plan.

Before my phone was stolen I had 9 months of service remaining on the 1 GB annual plan. How can I preserve that service that I have pre-paid?

To summarize: I didn't merely want my phone number to be ported to a new account... I requested that the new SIM card be associated with the existing account's phone number, email address, and months remaining. So, are you able to credit my account with the remaining service that I have already pre-paid for?

Thank you.

We do apologize, per your initial request on this thread, you requested your number to the new sim.
    We understand that you had already paid the year for the prepaid sim that was lost, however, those type of sims cannot be swapped.
    Because of your initial request, we were under the impression you just wanted the number transferred to your new sim line.
    We are afraid the plan or payment you had already made on the other sim, is not refundable nor can it be transferred to the new sim.
    With the push of a button FreedomPop easily could change my account type, and can move the service I have already paid for to the new SIM. It's just that FreedomPop chooses not to.

So a thief stole my phone, and FreedomPop stole my pre-paid service. I realize that you, AlejandraG, are just perhaps following company policy. But the company policy is not ethical, is not reasonable, and is really short-sighted if cultivation of long-term customer relationships is the main goal. (Any guess about whether I'll spend money with FreedomPop ever again...?)
    UV254 said:

With the push of a button FreedomPop easily could change my account type, and can move the service I have already paid for to the new SIM. It's just that FreedomPop chooses not to.

So a thief stole my phone, and FreedomPop stole my pre-paid service. I realize that you, AlejandraG, are just perhaps following company policy. But the company policy is not ethical, is not reasonable, and is really short-sighted if cultivation of long-term customer relationships is the main goal. (Any guess about whether I'll spend money with FreedomPop ever again...?)

We truly apologize, we understad your frustratio and if it would be as simple as to push a button and change the account, there would be no problem but the only sims we cannot swap are the preloaded sims that your stolen device unfortunately had. They are not the same term type of LTE sims to be able to swap it in the old account per the terms and condtions you agreed upon signup.
    Well, could you re-enable unlimited texting on my account? The data and minutes I can do without, but at the very least it would be nice to be able use the text messaging that I already paid for previously.
    UV254 said:

Well, could you re-enable unlimited texting on my account? The data and minutes I can do without, but at the very least it would be nice to be able use the text messaging that I already paid for previously.

The system will not let us re-enable the unlimited calling and texting features because the new sim has it's own account even though it shares the same email address with the previous one.
    The new sim it's under a new account under the free plan which only includes 200 talk and text. If you want to get the unlimited calling and texting, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan from the ones on this chart: