**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Account suspended. Credit card updated failed.

JpoloJpolo Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
My account was suspended, and billing information update is needed. I looked into the billing page. There is $0.00 balance due. I updated my billing information anyway. It failed with multiple credit cards multiple times, and I kept getting error messages regarding input data every time. So, my account is still suspended.

Today, I received a call from one of the credit cards providers saying that three attempts to charge $20 each were made at three times in the last few days after I tried to update billing info on FreeedomPop with that specific credit card three times. That credit card provider blocked them and informed me about them only today. I have yet to check the transaction events on the other credit cards I tried.

My question at the moment is how to get the account suspended issue resolved properly but without being charged the incorrect amount? Thank you.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Jpolo said:

My account was suspended, and billing information update is needed. I looked into the billing page. There is $0.00 balance due. I updated my billing information anyway. It failed with multiple credit cards multiple times, and I kept getting error messages regarding input data every time. So, my account is still suspended.

Today, I received a call from one of the credit cards providers saying that three attempts to charge $20 each were made at three times in the last few days after I tried to update billing info on FreeedomPop with that specific credit card three times. That credit card provider blocked them and informed me about them only today. I have yet to check the transaction events on the other credit cards I tried.

My question at the moment is how to get the account suspended issue resolved properly but without being charged the incorrect amount? Thank you.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

Please provide the last four digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • JpoloJpolo Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I checked on the forum and not realized you have replied in the notification center. Thank you for replying. The last four digit of my number is 2268.
    Jpolo said:

I checked on the forum and not realized you have replied in the notification center. Thank you for replying. The last four digit of my number is 2268.

Hi!

Upon account review, we have confirmed an outstanding payment in the amount of $2.49. We were unable to successfully capture the original payment on 12/28/2018. As part of our standard debt collection policy, we have retried additional payment methods on file. As stated in our Service Plans Terms, charges will continue to accrue until the account is canceled. Please reference FreedomPop Payment Terms section in our Service Plans Terms provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
    Is that charge for the voice app monthly fee after 30-day free trial? I canceled the voice app service before the 30-day period ended but might have been after the then next billing cycle started. I am willing to pay for the outstanding charge for the use of the voice app. I may even use it in the future too.

How could I pay for the $2.49 outstanding charge without being charged $20 to my credit card as what my bank informed me that a credit card I provided to update my billing information was charged $20.00, which the bank blocked as I mentioned in my original posting?
    edited January 8 #6
    Jpolo said:

Is that charge for the voice app monthly fee after 30-day free trial? I canceled the voice app service before the 30-day period ended but might have been after the then next billing cycle started. I am willing to pay for the outstanding charge for the use of the voice app. I may even use it in the future too.

How could I pay for the $2.49 outstanding charge without being charged $20 to my credit card as what my bank informed me that a credit card I provided to update my billing information was charged $20.00, which the bank blocked as I mentioned in my original posting?

Hi!

If you would like to avoid the top up charge for $ 20.00. You will need to disable the option on your online account.

The charge for $ 2.49 was for the Visual Voicemail service. If you would like to have it again. You will need to choose the option online.

Below a useful article

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2676/kw/top up feature
    Following your explanation I looked into the top-up option. What is the difference between Top-Up Credit Balance and Subscription Credit on the billing page? And what does "Top-Up remaining this cycle" mean? Is Top-UP credit only good for the current billing cycle, and would expire at the end of this billing cycle?
    Jpolo said:

Following your explanation I looked into the top-up option. What is the difference between Top-Up Credit Balance and Subscription Credit on the billing page? And what does "Top-Up remaining this cycle" mean? Is Top-UP credit only good for the current billing cycle, and would expire at the end of this billing cycle?

Hi!

Top up credit will be useful for data overage and expires every 30 days depending on when you signed up on it

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2676/kw/top up

Subscription Credit is for renewal and it does not expire
    Thank you for the info. I understand a bit more now. I have an outstanding due of $2.49 with due day 12/28/2018. So, I need to update my billing information to pay for it. But in order to pay for the $2.49 due without the system automatically charge a $20 top-up fee for the month when I update my billing information, I need to first subscribe to the Safety Mode service for $6.99/month to disable the automatic top-up feature.. Does it mean if I elected the Safety Mode service, disable top-up, and update my billing information, I will be charge $2.49+$6.99 right away on my updated credit card, and I would have to go back to my account to disable the Safety Mode service before the next billing cycle so that I would not be charge $6.99 on my next statement?
  • Jpolo said:

Thank you for the info. I understand a bit more now. I have an outstanding due of $2.49 with due day 12/28/2018. So, I need to update my billing information to pay for it. But in order to pay for the $2.49 due without the system automatically charge a $20 top-up fee for the month when I update my billing information, I need to first subscribe to the Safety Mode service for $6.99/month to disable the automatic top-up feature.. Does it mean if I elected the Safety Mode service, disable top-up, and update my billing information, I will be charge $2.49+$6.99 right away on my updated credit card, and I would have to go back to my account to disable the Safety Mode service before the next billing cycle so that I would not be charge $6.99 on my next statement?

Hi!

Whenever you disable the top up feature it will create a recurring charge of $ 6.99. If you disable it, then you will have the top up feature activated.
    Thank you for the information.
  • Jpolo said:

Thank you for the information.

Anytime.

Please don't hesitate to contact us back in case you need help with anything else! Take care!
This discussion has been closed.