Got connected 20 days ago,

abdul hamidabdul hamid Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
after having a terrible experience I read the forums and did a reset. Cannot make a call if I do get through the callers cannot hear me or it is choppy. Cannot send a text message. Did reinstall the FP app again.

Best Answers

Answers

• @abdul hamid‌ I'm sorry to hear that, Abdul. Have you tried an MSL reset? Here's how to do this:
    Please dial " # # 7 8 6 # " (no quotes or spaces). Select the "Reset" button (for the EVO 4G, you will have to tap the menu button to then see the reset option) and then enter your MSL code: 025809

Hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.

Note: this will wipe your phones information and reset it back to its Factory Default Settings

Please let me know if this works for you, thanks!
  • abdul hamidabdul hamid Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Still having difficulty making calls.
  • Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭
    @abdul hamid there can be quite a many factors that contribute to this dissatisfaction. but with a little help, maybe you can get the phone to a place of love and understanding.......

questions:
    how high up are you when placing or receiving calls (as in what floor of which building??), distance from cell towers, what city you are in, are you inside or outside, behind many walls, above sea level/below, the life of your over used refurbished battery... etc.. etc...

Can you be a little more detailed? maybe start with your area code? have you been able to resolve your text messaging problem? because there are two (2) apps for Freedompop on the google play store. 1 would work, the other wouldnt. you have to make sure you are using the correct one, depending on how you bought your device/from where...
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • abdul hamidabdul hamid Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    The phone is good no problems. I downloaded the right app as I was told by the Freedompop activation people. I am in the DFW (469) area sometime, I am in a mall, and sometime I might be at home, or just driving. The 3G, 4G signal comes and goes, and sometime their are no bars. If the text does go thru it takes a while before it is received.