**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

"unfortunately, messaging has stopped"

AndrewLAndrewL Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Guys,
When I open the messaging app, I get the error ""unfortunately, messaging has stopped". I tried to go to the google store and download the latest version of the app (the current version is only 6 days old) and it says that I don't have any connection- even though I'm connected to my wifi and have a few bars of reception. Lastly, the connections Optimizer app keeps popping up (constantly) and says 'no connection'.
Please help! After 2 years with this phone it's only worked for a few days.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    AndrewL said:

Guys,
    When I open the messaging app, I get the error ""unfortunately, messaging has stopped". I tried to go to the google store and download the latest version of the app (the current version is only 6 days old) and it says that I don't have any connection- even though I'm connected to my wifi and have a few bars of reception. Lastly, the connections Optimizer app keeps popping up (constantly) and says 'no connection'.
    Please help! After 2 years with this phone it's only worked for a few days.

We are sorry to learn the device is malfunctioning.
    It seems this is also being addressed over email. Please keep in mind we cannot maintain a dual communication. Please choose one of the channels to continue with assistance.
  • AndrewLAndrewL Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I never got an answer sent to me over email so I turned to the forum. Then you responded but again didn't provide an answer. Can anyone help me get this phone working? I'll do it on this forum or over email but someone has to give me some suggestions for how to get this thing to work.
    AndrewL said:

I never got an answer sent to me over email so I turned to the forum. Then you responded but again didn't provide an answer. Can anyone help me get this phone working? I'll do it on this forum or over email but someone has to give me some suggestions for how to get this thing to work.

We will help over here instead.
    Can you please send a screenshot of the error or screen you get when attempting to download your app?
    Also, are you positive you still have enough memory on the device to install it?
  • AndrewLAndrewL Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    AlejandraG - that was it! I deleted a few pictures and the phone started working again. Thank you for the help. I wish the phone would have given me some message telling me to check storage. I guess some UX designer and development team forgot to catch that error and post a sensible message.
    AndrewL said:

AlejandraG - that was it! I deleted a few pictures and the phone started working again. Thank you for the help. I wish the phone would have given me some message telling me to check storage. I guess some UX designer and development team forgot to catch that error and post a sensible message.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to download it after all! Please let us know in case we can help with something else.
This discussion has been closed.