**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi2 won't connect to internet

padawerpadawer FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
Hi, my Mifi2 won't connect to the internet. I have followed the instructions including selecting "4G, 3G, 2G" as well as updating the VPN to "fp.com.attz"... Do I need to update the SIM? (I think I saw a message for that on the client site, but I can't find it now.) If I need a working new SIM, can you send it to me? Thank you.

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 688 admin
    padawer said:

Hi, my Mifi2 won't connect to the internet. I have followed the instructions including selecting "4G, 3G, 2G" as well as updating the VPN to "fp.com.attz"... Do I need to update the SIM? (I think I saw a message for that on the client site, but I can't find it now.) If I need a working new SIM, can you send it to me? Thank you.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

Please provide the last four digits of ICCID number printed on the sim card so we can take a closer look at it.
  • padawerpadawer FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    Just received the upgraded sim card, but it still won't connect. The APN is set correctly to fp.com.attz ... The last for digits of the ICCID number is 2883.
    padawer said:

Just received the upgraded sim card, but it still won't connect. The APN is set correctly to fp.com.attz ... The last for digits of the ICCID number is 2883.

Hi!

Please provide the last four digits of new ICCID number printed on the sim card that you have received so we can take a closer look at it.
    Thank you for helping me, by the way!!! :smile:
    I already did provide the last four digits of the ICCID number -- 2883 -- yes, that is for the NEW card.
    edited January 9 #7
    padawer said:

Thank you for helping me, by the way!!! :smile:

padawer said:

I already did provide the last four digits of the ICCID number -- 2883 -- yes, that is for the NEW card.

Anytime!

We were unable to find the number, please provide the complete ICCID number printed on the sim card
    Ok, thank you — here's the complete ICCID number — 89011704278203052883
    padawer said:

Ok, thank you — here's the complete ICCID number — 89011704278203052883

Hi!

The ICCID number provided is not on the email address on your profile. Please provide the email address attached to it so we can further assist you.
    The email address that should be attached to it is: [email protected]
    Again, I have a mifi2 unit and the old sim card in it needed to be replaced by this new one. (The old sim card stopped working, and FreedomPop told me to get this new one.)
    padawer said:

The email address that should be attached to it is: [email protected]
    Again, I have a mifi2 unit and the old sim card in it needed to be replaced by this new one. (The old sim card stopped working, and FreedomPop told me to get this new one.)

Hi!

We have escalated this information to the appropriate team to investigate this case. As soon as we have more information we will contact you on this channel. We appreciate your patience.
  • EdsLEdsL FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I am having the same problem, [email protected] I got the newer SIM card and still can't connect. My MiFi does show an AT&T and some bars in the upper left side. But when I tried to use it nothing gets online.
    EdsL said:

I am having the same problem, [email protected] I got the newer SIM card and still can't connect. My MiFi does show an AT&T and some bars in the upper left side. But when I tried to use it nothing gets online.

Hi!

Please provide the last four digits of the phone number in question so we can take a closer look at it.
    "EdsL said:

Hi!

Please provide the last four digits of the phone number in question so we can take a closer look at it."

I didn't get instructions to get a phone number, do I need and how do I get?
    My new SIM ends with ...0655
    (Old one ends in ...5744)
    My current status says
    NETWORK: AT&T
    Technology: HSUPA

Thanks, Ed
    EdsL said:

"EdsL said:

Hi!

Please provide the last four digits of the phone number in question so we can take a closer look at it."

I didn't get instructions to get a phone number, do I need and how do I get?
    My new SIM ends with ...0655
    (Old one ends in ...5744)
    My current status says
    NETWORK: AT&T
    Technology: HSUPA

Thanks, Ed

Hi!

I just activated the sim card, please try it on your device. Let us know if it is working properly.
    What about my issue? (I’m the one who started the thread to address my problem before the second person piggybacked — and apparently got their problem resolved. Has my sim been activated and attached to my email address, etc., per all the above information I provided?
    padawer said:

What about my issue? (I’m the one who started the thread to address my problem before the second person piggybacked — and apparently got their problem resolved. Has my sim been activated and attached to my email address, etc., per all the above information I provided?

Hi!

To be able to connect to our network, please follow the next steps:

You will need to go to device utility page. Getting to the Device Utility Page:
    1. You need a computer, tablet, or phone to connect to the hotspot via the wifi settings. To view wifi name and pw click on wi fi connection on the home screen.
    2. open an internet browser and go to http://my.mifi or type in 192.168.128.1
    3. On the upper right, click on login.

4. Type in password. Password will be: admin.

5. Once logged into the device utility for the MIFI 2, go to Settings>Mobile Settings>APN. In the APN field make sure fp.com.attz is typed in. Then click save changes.

Turn On Cellular Data and Set Network Preferences
    If APN is set but still no signal, make sure cellular data is set. When logged into the device utility, Go to Settings>Mobile Settings>Mobile. Make sure Cellular Data in On and Technology is set to 4G, 3G, 2G. Then click on save changes. It is recommended to turn off then turn on the device if any changes were made. (This can be done on the device as well. Go to settings>make sure cellular data is on. Scroll down to network technology, make sure 4G,3G,2G is selected.)

You should be able to use our service without any issues now. As a valued FreedomPop customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns. Should you need additional assistance, please let us know.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you, and want you to rest assured we are striving to provide the best available support to our customers.
    Padawer, sorry I thought your issue was resolved, didn't mean to override you. Sound's like we are having same issue. Mine started last November, almost same time I saw the notice about having to switch to LTE. I see all the connections are done (ATT H+, many bars, phone connected) but no internet connection.

MarcelaS., I tried both SIM cards, old and new, and performed all the instructions for setting up the connection. Still NO access to the internet.
    How can I tell if I got the correct SIM card (i.e. LTE vs GLOBAL)
    Do you need any other info.?
    Thanks, Ed
    EdsL said:

Padawer, sorry I thought your issue was resolved, didn't mean to override you. Sound's like we are having same issue. Mine started last November, almost same time I saw the notice about having to switch to LTE. I see all the connections are done (ATT H+, many bars, phone connected) but no internet connection.

MarcelaS., I tried both SIM cards, old and new, and performed all the instructions for setting up the connection. Still NO access to the internet.
    How can I tell if I got the correct SIM card (i.e. LTE vs GLOBAL)
    Do you need any other info.?
    Thanks, Ed

Hi!

The account was in dormant status, this means it was not used. We have refreshed it and reactivated. Please let us know if it is working properly.

Please use at least 20 MB and make 5 phone calls within the next 24 hours to avoid another suspension.
    Marcel it is working thanks. I will begin using now.
    Ok, mine is now working as well. Marcela, what is the policy about dormant status? How often does the unit need to be used?
    EdsL said:

Marcel it is working thanks. I will begin using now.

padawer said:

Ok, mine is now working as well. Marcela, what is the policy about dormant status? How often does the unit need to be used?

Awesome!

Below a useful article about dormant status.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3527/kw/dormant
This discussion has been closed.