**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

all data used by messaging app

ssryuusssryuus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
Dear freedompop support team,

I've activated my 3 months prepaid SIM yesterday and found all 1G data used up by messaging app already
I've researched and found this is one of known issues
Would you please review my account and advise?
My number ends with 5523

messaging app says 'Account Not Active' and version is 24.00.1317.0928
if you need screenshot of messaging used all 1.3G, I can upload

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,804 admin
    ssryuus said:

Dear freedompop support team,

I've activated my 3 months prepaid SIM yesterday and found all 1G data used up by messaging app already
    I've researched and found this is one of known issues
    Would you please review my account and advise?
    My number ends with 5523

messaging app says 'Account Not Active' and version is 24.00.1317.0928
    if you need screenshot of messaging used all 1.3G, I can upload

Hi! Can you please confirm the sim's ICCID number to check on this?
  • ssryuusssryuus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    thanks!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,804 admin
    ssryuus said:

thanks!

After checking on ICCID 89011704278177915982 it seems that all data use is legitimate, we have verified and it was not a bug.
    Please be aware that Freedompop is a VOIP service which means we will always use data for calls and texts instead of a cellular connection but your plan and our app is able to separate the data used for each.
    However, your device will show that our app was the one to use the data but only because our app is what gives your device the availability to use data instead of cellular.
    It seems the 1 GB included was used by your device and if you were not using the device, possibly it had automatic updates or downloads or apps running in the background that used up all the data and some more, 1.15 GB.
    To reactivate service, you will need to manually add credit to the account, upgrade to a higher paid plan or fail until Feb 2nd when your new cycle starts.