APN issue?

David StollDavid Stoll Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
edited January 7 in Getting Started #1
I installed the APN using the IOS link and selected the US LTE SIM setting. It installed successfully and I show full bars with "AT&T" at the top of my iphone. I have also rebooted the phone, but LTE is not showing at the top of the phone. I have turned on cellular data, but don't have any internet (LTE) service.

I also want to make sure that the ICCID I have is what is actually associated with the phone number (how do I do that). I know that sounds like a strange thing, but it's possible I **** something up because I was forced to change sims.

I can make phone calls with the app using wifi, so the voice service is working, but obviously I only have Wifi.

Thank you for your assistance.
Post edited by David Stoll on

Best Answers

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Stoll - I am able to switch between SIMs in my phone. It appears that the SIM is not getting proper connections thru the cellular network. So no mobile data is accessible. If this is a server setup problem, it needs help of an admin.
    Does the 3G service work ? Open Safari and try searching for something with ONLY Mobile data ON. No WiFi. Either "no network connection" or it finds results.

If the 3G part works, then I have a long guide for getting the SIM to fully function. I can post here if you need it. Otherwise you may need assistance of an admin to fix your account on their servers.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • David StollDavid Stoll Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    No, no 3g either.

Is there a way to confirm I have the right SIM in? I know that is a weird question, but with the forced swap out, and all these little things look the same (I have a couple accounts), I want to be sure it isn't something dumb like that.
    Is there any way to verify which ICCID (SIM #) is associated with an account/number?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I clicked on yes that it answered my question...oops. It does, but only partially, how do I find out what ICCID is associated with the phone number on the account?
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I do know that is where the ICCID number is on a sim, but if I have a phone number (on my account), how do I find out which ICCID it is associated with?
    But voice services still work and the billing info hasn't changed.
    oh, ok.

So if the voice service works, I'm not sure what I should do. The other accounts (sim's) work under the same login, so I'm not sure what I need to do with billing? I don't want to mess up my working accounts.
    Yes, it is IOS 9, it has had a Freedompop LTE sim in it before.
    I apologize for the confusion....deeply. My 7004 number works over wifi. I believe a new sim was sent, but I don't know if I have it. I had several sims under different accounts for different family members and things got shuffled a bit. It is totally my fault, but there was so much that came at me at the same time with sim replacements, I got a little confused. I believe the sim intended to be activated with the 7004 number came to me, but I don't know if I still have it or not and I don't know if I activated it or not. I have several sims here, but I don't know if they are the old ones or new ones, so I was hoping to figure out which one it is and pop it in and get things going. But, with past history, it's not always that simple. I can spend a lot of time fiddling with it, even if it is the right SIM. I don't want to work with the wrong sim. Do you know what sim I should activate (or maybe it was already activated, presumably because the 7004 number still works)?