**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Account Cancellation and Refund

bensabensa Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
My Freedompop's Cancel Account option has done nothing but give failure notices to me, asking me to try again later. Well, I have tried again later, and it's still giving me failure notifications, and in that time I'm still being billed $20.

Please cancel the account (last four digits 5189) and refund me the money that has been charged to me while I have not used the service.

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 1,450 admin
    bensa said:

My Freedompop's Cancel Account option has done nothing but give failure notices to me, asking me to try again later. Well, I have tried again later, and it's still giving me failure notifications, and in that time I'm still being billed $20.

Please cancel the account (last four digits 5189) and refund me the money that has been charged to me while I have not used the service.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

We were unable to find the line xxxxx5189. Please provide the email address associated with it so we can take a closer look at it.
  • bensabensa Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    MarcelaS said:

Hi!

We were unable to find the line xxxxx5189. Please provide the email address associated with it so we can take a closer look at it.

email: [email protected]
    bensa said:

MarcelaS said:

Hi!

email: [email protected]
    Hi!

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We still were unable to find line xxxxx5189 Please provide the complete number so we can search it in our system.
    There is only one account registered to that email address. Perhaps I've provided the wrong information, so allow me to clarify.

I am trying to cancel:
    Global SIM Kit - Data-Only

I'd also like a refund for the two $23.98 billings from 11/13/18 (Transaction Number: 112728598) and 12/13/18 (Transaction Number: 116682568) that were charged nearly 2 years after I stopped using the service, as well as the $20 top-off (Transaction Number: 118417815) that I neither had prior notice of nor the ability to disable without making further enrollments.

I gave the last four digits of the phone number registered to my account; I assumed this is what you meant by "line," though I may be mistaken. Again, there is only one account registered to the email I provided, and I have no other account ID numbers available in the user portal.
    bensa said:

There is only one account registered to that email address. Perhaps I've provided the wrong information, so allow me to clarify.

I am trying to cancel:
    Global SIM Kit - Data-Only

I'd also like a refund for the two $23.98 billings from 11/13/18 (Transaction Number: 112728598) and 12/13/18 (Transaction Number: 116682568) that were charged nearly 2 years after I stopped using the service, as well as the $20 top-off (Transaction Number: 118417815) that I neither had prior notice of nor the ability to disable without making further enrollments.

I gave the last four digits of the phone number registered to my account; I assumed this is what you meant by "line," though I may be mistaken. Again, there is only one account registered to the email I provided, and I have no other account ID numbers available in the user portal.

Hi!

After verifying your account, we did not find any of the 3 charges mentioned before. Please send a screenshot of each one so we can further investigate them.

I would like these resolved and have my account cancelled before I'm charged again in 2 days...
    bensa said:

I would like these resolved and have my account cancelled before I'm charged again in 2 days...

Hi!

As the account holder, you will need to process this cancellation on your end. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel

If you have issues, please perform this action from an incognito tab on your browser by pressing "Ctrl + shift + N" in the keyboard while navigating. You may also try to clear cookies and Cache of the web browser or Try in a different browser. If the issue persists please forward a screenshot of the error you get.
    I started this thread specifically because I cannot process the cancellation on my end. I receive the same Failure notice every time I go through the process to cancel. Incognito mode doesn't change the result, nor does it on any other browser. I've tried on chrome, safari, IE, on different devices, different locations, with and without a VPN, cache cleared.

I cannot find the business hours for your 1-800 number, but I'm told to call back during business hours each time I try, and it directs me back here.

I have seen other customers get this same issue resolved by representatives on these forums; I would appreciate the same treatment.

I'm going to be charged another $20 tomorrow while I continue to wait for this to be resolved, so I'll need that refunded in addition to the other 3 charges.
    bensa said:

I started this thread specifically because I cannot process the cancellation on my end. I receive the same Failure notice every time I go through the process to cancel. Incognito mode doesn't change the result, nor does it on any other browser. I've tried on chrome, safari, IE, on different devices, different locations, with and without a VPN, cache cleared.

I cannot find the business hours for your 1-800 number, but I'm told to call back during business hours each time I try, and it directs me back here.

I have seen other customers get this same issue resolved by representatives on these forums; I would appreciate the same treatment.

I'm going to be charged another $20 tomorrow while I continue to wait for this to be resolved, so I'll need that refunded in addition to the other 3 charges.

Hi!

The account is now canceled.

*****The charge of $ 13.99 is for the Global 1GB and FreedomPop Premier $9.99 = $ 23.98 on November 13th, 2018

*****The charge of $ 13.99 is for the Global 1GB and FreedomPop Premier $9.99 = $ 23.98 on December 13th, 2018

*****Top-Up Credit Balance: $20.00

Our service has an automatic Top - Up feature that will charge a $20.00 amount to your card whenever you reach your data limit and places that money toward a credit reserve on your account to help cushion data overage in the event you exceed your limit.

Per our terms of service, these charges are non-refundable.
    MarcelaS said:

*****The charge of $ 13.99 is for the Global 1GB and FreedomPop Premier $9.99 = $ 23.98 on November 13th, 2018

*****The charge of $ 13.99 is for the Global 1GB and FreedomPop Premier $9.99 = $ 23.98 on December 13th, 2018

Our service has an automatic Top - Up feature that will charge a $20.00 amount to your card whenever you reach your data limit and places that money toward a credit reserve on your account to help cushion data overage in the event you exceed your limit.

The misleading terms and lack of notice for when these charges were to kick in are incredibly misleading, advertised falsely, and no notice was given to me that these charges would suddenly kick back in two years after I stopped using the sim. I would prefer to have these charges reversed now by you, rather than pursue having them reversed by my bank.
    bensa said:

MarcelaS said:

The misleading terms and lack of notice for when these charges were to kick in are incredibly misleading, advertised falsely, and no notice was given to me that these charges would suddenly kick back in two years after I stopped using the sim. I would prefer to have these charges reversed now by you, rather than pursue having them reversed by my bank.
    Hi!

Below a useful document about it.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3250/kw/dispute