**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I meet all the requirements, and would like my device unlocked. Can anyone help?

asksqakasksqak Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
I meet all the requirements, and would like my device unlocked. Can anyone help?

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,432 admin
    asksqak said:

Hello,

We will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the device's MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers so we can get started right away.
  • asksqakasksqak Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    MEID Dec is 256691544801344083
    edited January 8 #4
    asksqak said:

MEID Dec is 256691544801344083

We will gladly escalate your case so the device can be released but before doing so, it's necessary for the account to be canceled. Please click here to get all the information available on releasing a device.

Let us know once it's done so we can proceed with your request.
    Do I need to cancel it myself first or will that be a part of the release process?
    I cancelled the account. Please release the device, thank you.
    asksqak said:

I cancelled the account. Please release the device, thank you.

We have successfully escalated your device so our support team can release it in the next few days. Let us know if you have any questions at all and we'll gladly help.
    WIll I be notified when this will take place?
    asksqak said:

WIll I be notified when this will take place?

No, we don't a notification from our support team however you can contact us back in a couple of days so we can ask for our support team for an update.
    Hello, would I be able to get an update? the phone is still locked.
    asksqak said:

Hello, would I be able to get an update? the phone is still locked.

Hi,

Our support team has advised us that the device has yet to be processed and that it will be done this coming week. I was also advised to provide you with the following information: although we do release the device from our system we do not have the availability to unlock it for GSM use, to use GSM sim cards within or outside the US, we do apologize.

If you need to unlock it for GSM instead of release, we recommend you contact Sprint directly, to see if as the main carrier, they offer such option. If you would like to proceed with us releasing the device, you will need to cancel your account.
    I'm not sure what you mean. It used to be a Sprint phone, then I got a freedompop sim and used it with freedompop. Now I want to use it with another Sprint MVNO like you guys. And I already cancelled my account,. I am just waiting for you to release the device.
    asksqak said:

I'm not sure what you mean. It used to be a Sprint phone, then I got a freedompop sim and used it with freedompop. Now I want to use it with another Sprint MVNO like you guys. And I already cancelled my account,. I am just waiting for you to release the device.

In that case, you can dismiss the last part of my last answer as it doesn't apply to your case. Please get back to us in the next few days and we'll gladly check again.
    It still seems to be locked. Is there anything on the phone I need to do after it's released? Does the phone need to be on or anything while they release it?
    asksqak said:

It still seems to be locked. Is there anything on the phone I need to do after it's released? Does the phone need to be on or anything while they release it?

Hi,

The device appears to have been successfully released. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
    Doesn't seem to be released yet. It only allows the freedom pop sim card. It immediately says invalid SIM on any other sim card.
    asksqak said:

Doesn't seem to be released yet. It only allows the freedom pop sim card. It immediately says invalid SIM on any other sim card.

The device was activated as a CDMA device which means that it is not a GSM device. This means that when released from our system, it will only work with other CDMA networks but not with GSM providers. Please click here to get more information on this topic http://www.androidauthority.com/gsm-vs-cdma-689328/