**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Netgear Unite wireless hotspots - error message "Your data connection is disconnected"

snickersneesnickersnee Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I bought 3 Netgear Unite hotspots but only one of them is working. For the 2 non-working ones (UNITE-B8F5 and UNITE-EC0C) I did a factory reset and I set the APN on all 3 of them. On attunite, the error says "Mobile Broadband Disconnected - your data connection is disconnected." I clicked connect but nothing happened.

Also how can I downgrade the service to 200MB for all 3 hotspots? I looked on my.freedompop.com and I don't see the downgrade option under "plan" like there used to be. I think the monthly charge should be refunded on all 3 hotspots.

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,432 admin

I bought 3 Netgear Unite hotspots but only one of them is working. For the 2 non-working ones (UNITE-B8F5 and UNITE-EC0C) I did a factory reset and I set the APN on all 3 of them. On attunite, the error says "Mobile Broadband Disconnected - your data connection is disconnected." I clicked connect but nothing happened.

Also how can I downgrade the service to 200MB for all 3 hotspots? I looked on my.freedompop.com and I don't see the downgrade option under "plan" like there used to be. I think the monthly charge should be refunded on all 3 hotspots.

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the ICCID numbers that appear printed on the SIM card found in the two devices that don't work and we'll gladly take a closer look at it.
  • CleverUsernameCleverUsername Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    The SIM card has 2 numbers on it, I'll give you both of them.
    For UNITE-B8F5: 8901170427 and 8203297777
    (This one worked for a few minutes, then stopped working. At the top it sometimes says "connecting 4G LTE" but sometimes the 4G LTE and bars disappear)

For UNITE-EC0C: 8901170427 and 8203299807
    (This one never worked, even though it says AT&T 4G LTE and shows the bars)

edited January 8 #4

The SIM card has 2 numbers on it, I'll give you both of them.
    For UNITE-B8F5: 8901170427 and 8203297777
    (This one worked for a few minutes, then stopped working. At the top it sometimes says "connecting 4G LTE" but sometimes the 4G LTE and bars disappear)

For UNITE-EC0C: 8901170427 and 8203299807
    (This one never worked, even though it says AT&T 4G LTE and shows the bars)

We have reset both devices. Please click on this link to get all the steps necessary to properly troubleshoot both devices and let me know if it helps in any way.
    I looked at the link. The APN is already set for both of them, and they are both charged up and powered on.
    I was able to downgrade all 3 of them, but I was charged for premium service for the 2 non-working ones, so I'd like a refund of those charges.

I was able to downgrade all 3 of them, but I was charged for premium service for the 2 non-working ones, so I'd like a refund of those charges.

Our billing department has approved both charges to be refunded, however, please know that both account's data allotment will be reduced to 200 MB every month. Would you like us to proceed?
    Yes, I already downgraded all of them through "my.freedompop.com". But I'm still trying to get 2 of them working.

Yes, I already downgraded all of them through "my.freedompop.com". But I'm still trying to get 2 of them working.

The two renewal charges have been refunded as they are both within the 30 day refund period. Please allow 3 to 5business days for these to appear back in your card.

Are you still having the same issues ion the devices?
  • snickersneesnickersnee Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes they still show the same error.
    Actually I just restarted them and they are working now. Just one more thing though, I previously had another Netgear Unite on an account that is now cancelled ([email protected]) but I had $20.38 in top-up credit on that account. Could I please get a refund of this as well?

Actually I just restarted them and they are working now. Just one more thing though, I previously had another Netgear Unite on an account that is now cancelled ([email protected]) but I had $20.38 in top-up credit on that account. Could I please get a refund of this as well?

Unfortuetnaly we are unable to refund an account's credit but we can transfer it to any other account. Which device would you like it moved to?
    The one that was always working, UNITE-7D44 which has an ICCID of 89011704278203299732.

The one that was always working, UNITE-7D44 which has an ICCID of 89011704278203299732.

Ther credit has been added to this device. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
    What if there was no account to transfer to? Would the credit just be lost?

What if there was no account to transfer to? Would the credit just be lost?

If the credit was charged and added beyond 30 days then yes, it would be lost.