**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't use dialpad - "Complete action using" popup

fredffredf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
When I open the FP messaging app and tap on the dialpad in the right upper corner a popup screen appears with a list of the phone apps on my MotoX; Phone, Voice, GrooveIP, Skype under a heading "Complete action using; Just Once - Always". Obviously none of these will result in a FP call.
By the way the phone receives calls and sends/receives texts just fine - I can access the dialer pad for texting without seeing that popup.

Answers

  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    fredf said:

    When I open the FP messaging app and tap on the dialpad in the right upper corner a popup screen appears with a list of the phone apps on my MotoX; Phone, Voice, GrooveIP, Skype under a heading "Complete action using; Just Once - Always". Obviously none of these will result in a FP call.
    By the way the phone receives calls and sends/receives texts just fine - I can access the dialer pad for texting without seeing that popup.

    Hi! Can you please forward a screenshot of the list of phone apps pop-up you get?
  • fredffredf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Thanks for your help Alejandra. This should have something to do with default apps but none of these phone apps is set as Default except Phone.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    fredf said:

    Thanks for your help Alejandra. This should have something to do with default apps but none of these phone apps is set as Default except Phone.

    I need to look at the pop up you keep getting to try to find a way to help you remove it for good.
  • fredffredf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I can't find any Google reference to this kind of problem, which is very strange. This popup screen does not seem to be the same as the ones related to Default Apps, like music players or browsers when you have more than one because there don't seem to any setting for this one.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    fredf said:

    I can't find any Google reference to this kind of problem, which is very strange. This popup screen does not seem to be the same as the ones related to Default Apps, like music players or browsers when you have more than one because there don't seem to any setting for this one.

    We just need a print screen of the error you get, to use the resources in our end to investigate for you how to get rid of it.
  • fredffredf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Crazy but I cleared the Cache and Data, again, and all is well this time. I doubt we'll ever figure it out as there are no similiar complaints that I can find on the web.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    fredf said:

    Crazy but I cleared the Cache and Data, again, and all is well this time. I doubt we'll ever figure it out as there are no similiar complaints that I can find on the web.

    We are glad to learn that! Feel free to contact us back in case we can help with something else.
This discussion has been closed.