**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Adding FP number to google voice call out

dorlicdorlic Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have been trying to add my new FP phone to google voice but when I make the verification call google doesn't seem to understand the tones of the two number verification I type in. Has anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to get a text message instead? How about calling from a different device?
  • dorlicdorlic Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Nevermind, it looks like i just had a bad connection earlier. FP is added to my google voice list of numbers!
  • davydogdavydog Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I was unable to confirm my FreedomPop mobile number with Google Voice from my iPhone 5. I spent hours consulting FreedomPop and Google Voice forums with no luck.

The confirmation procedure works like this: Google Voice user adds new mobile or land line number to her/his GV account. Google then calls the number and asks user to key in a confirmation code. The problem I was experiencing is that I would type in the confirmation code into the phone's keypad, but Google Voice would not "hear" it.

The next day I thought of a different approach: I googled "phone keypad tone generator" (without the quotes), then went through Google's verification process again. I generated the phone tones using my desktop computer, and held my phone up to one of my computer's speakers while playing the tones.

Worked great!

Here's the tone generator that worked for me:
    http://onlinetonegenerator.com/dtmf.html
  • Norieko CroslandNorieko Crosland Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @davydog

The first time I verified my FP number in GV without any issues. Then, touch tones started to not work properly for some reason (it has been months now.... ). Long story short, I had to get a new FP number and because touch tones hasn't been working for me for quite some time now, I have spent hours ripping my hair out trying to verify my new FP number in GV and the tone generator worked great (finally, yayayay)! It took me a few tries but it did work. I had to turn it up real loud and held the phone up to speaker. Thanks for thinking of this :)
  • kocat177kocat177 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    It doesn't work now. I used the tone generator too.