**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Will any version of Moto Z2 Force work with Freedompop?

LogosLogos Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Im looking to buy a Moto Z2 Force. Will any version work? can you use a Tmobile version on freedompop?

Motorola Moto Z2 Force Specs

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,850FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Logos said:

Im looking to buy a Moto Z2 Force. Will any version work? can you use a Tmobile version on freedompop?

Hi! It depends on the device and its technology. Can you please let us know if it is a GSM unlocked device or a CDMA version locked to Tmobile?
    If unsure, we recommend contacting the company it was purchased from and then let us know. Confirming the device's technology assures we can give you a definitive answer on the device's compatibly and our service.
  • LogosLogos Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie

Logos said:

Hi! It depends on the device and its technology. Can you please let us know if it is a GSM unlocked device or a CDMA version locked to Tmobile?
    If unsure, we recommend contacting the company it was purchased from and then let us know. Confirming the device's technology assures we can give you a definitive answer on the device's compatiblity and our service.
    Can someone with a little more experience give me an answer? I linked to the device specs
    Logos said:

Logos said:

If unsure, we recommend contacting the company it was purchased from and then let us know. Confirming the device's technology assures we can give you a definitive answer on the device's compatibility and our service.
    Can someone with a little more experience give me an answer? I linked to the device specs
    We understand that you added the device specs, but they are general and even though a device is capable of being a CDMA locked to later be unlocked for GSM use, we need to determine the current technology it is set up for.
    If you already own the device in question, please provide the MEID number to be able to try to confirm if it may be CDMA locked to Sprint or if you are thinking of purchasing it, from a retailer on the internet, please provide the specific link for the device being purchased, so I can check on the technology for you but the link already provided, may not be as specific as the link for the exact device you want to get or already have.
  • LogosLogos Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    @AlejandraG you do not work for freedompop so please stop acting like you do. Anyone who knew anything about cellular bands would be able to answer my question from looking at the specs I posted.

also NO ONE in this forum should ask for someone's MEID
    edited January 11 #6
    Logos said:

@AlejandraG you do not work for freedompop so please stop acting like you do. Anyone who knew anything about cellular bands would be able to answer my question from looking at the specs I posted.

also NO ONE in this forum should ask for someone's MEID

Actually, I am a direct Freedompop representative, as represented by the administrator badge on my user and profile picture and the issue or inquiry you have, is probably one of the most common issues new users or people that would like to know if their device is compatible with us, may encounter with.

If you would not like to provide the MEID number, I understand, but it was just requested with the intention to use it as a tool and determine if the device is a CDMA locked to Sprint.

We recommend to check out this support articles to better illustrate the difference in technology as well as the importance of determining currently and specifically, the technology of the device you have or are looking to purchase.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3453/kw/needs a sim
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3594/kw/needs

We just want to avoid you making a purchase and having to find out until you have the device in your possession, that it is not compatible.
    Post edited by AlejandraG on