**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

no sim card emergency call only

mammam Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I have the alcatel one touch flint. it was transferred to Freedompop and working to my knowledge up until yesterday. Now it reads no sim emergency call only and only works on wifi. I have tried all the advice listed in these columns to no avail. There are no notices on my account. Freedompop has locked my phone and I am unable to hit the mobile network to access apn or to turn on/off data. I have had problems with freedom pop from day 1. I just want my phone to work since im locked on the network now.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,795FreedomPop Newbie admin
    mam said:

I have the alcatel one touch flint. it was transferred to Freedompop and working to my knowledge up until yesterday. Now it reads no sim emergency call only and only works on wifi. I have tried all the advice listed in these columns to no avail. There are no notices on my account. Freedompop has locked my phone and I am unable to hit the mobile network to access apn or to turn on/off data. I have had problems with freedom pop from day 1. I just want my phone to work since im locked on the network now.

Hi! Let us help you look into this. Can you please confirm the device's MEID number or sim's ICCID number?
  • mammam Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    IMEI 014556000288014, SIM ICCID 89011704278235835545
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,421 admin
    mam said:

IMEI 014556000288014, SIM ICCID 89011704278235835545

Hello,

The device on the account shows to be an LTE SIM card and it appears to be Active and working properly. To be able to use it, an Unlocked GSM compatible smartphone must be used and it should work as soon as the SIM is placed in and the APN is reset.

We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    i tried the step and it asked for a mcc and mnc number i tried using 310 and 170 for the post here, it read APN settings are not available for this user”. i uninstall the app and restarted the phone to try again then boom the mobile network button is greyed out and unpushable. my phone banners no sim card--emergency calls only.
    ok i took the sim card out and replace it now mobile network show back up. but again its not letting me save the apn reading i need a mcc #. no other apn are showing on the phone. it reads apn settings are not available for this user.
    mam said:

i tried the step and it asked for a mcc and mnc number i tried using 310 and 170 for the post here, it read APN settings are not available for this user”. i uninstall the app and restarted the phone to try again then boom the mobile network button is greyed out and unpushable. my phone banners no sim card--emergency calls only.

mam said:

ok i took the sim card out and replace it now mobile network show back up. but again its not letting me save the apn reading i need a mcc #. no other apn are showing on the phone. it reads apn settings are not available for this user.

If the device will not let you update the APN, it is possible that it is locked and not a GSM unlocked device, as needed, making it incompatible with our LTE sims.
    Please contact the company you purchased the one-touch flint device to confirm it's technology and whether or not it is locked to them.
    i contacted cricket and the device is unlocked. they also provided me with the unlocked code again. they stated the sim card must be bad. what is the next step
    mam said:

i contacted cricket and the device is unlocked. they also provided me with the unlocked code again. they stated the sim card must be bad. what is the next step

Unfortunately, unless the device allows you to set up the APN, you will not be able to get a connection.
    We understand that is what cricket said but a bad Freedompop LTE sim would not prevent your device from being able to set up the APN.
    That is something the device's hardware needs to allow you to do, and if yours does not because of some reason, you will need to use another unlocked GSM device to try to use our sim with.