**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot activate BYOD device online or by phone

chbchb FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
I've got an iPhone 5s. My FP SIM is activated. I've got an FP phone number. But when I try to activate my device, I get the following error on the website: We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID.
To complete your activation, please call 800-671-5017.

I call the number and get a rep who forwards me to an automated system. The system can't register the device because it doesn't recognize either of the two phone numbers (my old number and my new FP number) that I provide it.

About to give up and stay with my current provider. Any suggestions?

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    chb said:

I've got an iPhone 5s. My FP SIM is activated. I've got an FP phone number. But when I try to activate my device, I get the following error on the website: We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID.
    To complete your activation, please call 800-671-5017.

I call the number and get a rep who forwards me to an automated system. The system can't register the device because it doesn't recognize either of the two phone numbers (my old number and my new FP number) that I provide it.

About to give up and stay with my current provider. Any suggestions?

Hi!
    If your device is a GSM unlocked device running iOS 8.2+, it should be compatible with the LTE Freedompop sim. If that sim was already activated, there is no need to activate the device too.
    Can you please confirm the ICCID number of the sim card in question as well as the device's technology (GSM unlocked or CDMA)?
  • chbchb FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response.

The device is an unlocked, GSM iPhone 5s. It is running iOS 12.1

ICCID: 89011704278202930725
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    chb said:

Thanks for your response.

The device is an unlocked, GSM iPhone 5s. It is running iOS 12.1

ICCID: 89011704278202930725

Ok, so no need to activate the device as the sim is already active under the account under the email address you use for this forum. Please follow these steps to get started:

-Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next, you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

-Sync Account Data
    Log out of the FP messaging app and log back in.